Coming Soon To A Trib Near You

Every year it's the same thing.
The circus comes to town.
Salmon can bee a lot of fun in open water.
That's just a SNAGFEST.

Learned something from those photos though.
Next time I go fishing, I'll be sure to bring along
50' of anchor rope to haul my catch.

Oh my goodness... all that's missing are the amusement rides, hot dog stands and maybe a marching band. :banghead: :smuggrin::smuggrin:

salmon is for sport fishing entertainment....what i don't get is the fish are and were stocked by bordering US states like new york state...our MNR feeding off of the resource by harassing ontario anglers fishing them...but thats classic text book MNR for ya...what a joke MNR field officers hiding in the bushes watching you fish and hunt with binnoculars...lol

remember you will catch rainbows right in there with the salmon...so its not all snagging salmon..in the earlier thread..we chatted about staging salmon feeding and striking baits from being agitated...I am sure some port hope salmon will bite this way with all the heavy pressure from you say the circus parade....lol

I remember growing up and fishin ben miller falls and below dennys dam during the salmon run...we did catch a few rainbows too feeding on the salmon eggs...but it was shoulder to shoulder with the circus...the salmon snaggers would all set the hook together..there lines from both sides of the run would cause and make spider webs with tangles of line...lol....omg never again

Last edited:
salmon is for sport fishing entertainment....what i don't get is the fish are and were stocked by bordering US states like new york state...our MNR feeding off of the resource by harassing ontario anglers fishing them...but thats classic text book MNR for ya...what a joke MNR field officers hiding in the bushes watching you fish and hunt with binnoculars...lol

remember you will catch rainbows right in there with the salmon...so its not all snagging salmon..in the earlier thread..we chatted about staging salmon feeding and striking baits from being agitated...I am sure some port hope salmon will bite this way with all the heavy pressure from you say the circus parade....lol

the MNR are doing their job making sure people are fishing legally. If your not doing anything wrong there is nothing to worry about. We have regulations for a reason. I for one am glad they were there.

Nothing sporting about standing in a ditch flossing the teeth of spawning fish until you're finally hooked up.
Nor is it entertainment watching the slashing and gashing of females. Simply for roe!

If you're doing nothing wrong, where is the HARASSMENT?
How else would you have them enforce the rules?

I'm disappointed Mick.
I thought we shared common values.

I used to fish salmon and bows in many of the Lake Huron tribs but that was 50 years ago before the snagfest circus came to town. Precisely why I refused to no longer stand shoulder to shoulder in a crowded river choosing instead to buy a boat to fish from, never looked back.

As far as the MNR they have an important job to do and I never have a problem with those guys. If they can catch someone illegally snagging fish by standing in a bush using binoculars the more power to them. The more people they catch raping the resource the more it benefits those of us who respect it.

absoulutley harrassment to the angler that paid a hefty price to legally fish our waters..you have your opinion and I have mine...our waste of precious tax dollars could be used to improve our natural resources!!!!!!...not watching a angler properly drift a spawn bag...

I went to the Maitland river once to experience the :poop: show up there and promised myself never again. That's not fishing IMO!! Like I've always said river fisherman are a breed of there own :ROFLMAO:

absoulutley harrassment to the angler that paid a hefty price to legally fish our waters..you have your opinion and I have mine...our waste of precious tax dollars could be used to improve our natural resources!!!!!!...not watching a angler properly drift a spawn bag...

Every ethical sportsmen I know are happy when they run into a CO as there are far too few of them these days. I appreciate what they do and despite what you think they work everyday to protect and improve our resources from people who either aren't smart enough to realize or don't care that the resource is not infinite. It is a privilege to use the resource not a right and IMO the small fee for an outdoors card and licence is the absolute cheapest 365 days of entertainment out there.

The fall salmon circus. I was there as a kid at 9 mile. Brought home a bag of salmon, and discovered that you really couldnt eat them. Ended up in Moms rose garden where they worked very well.
The pinacle of fall salmon was at Ben Miller falls. A guy with a fly reel mounted on a downrigger rod with maybe 50lb test mono, big weight, a treble hook with a piece of yarn on it..."drifting" for salmon...he would haul 15lb+ fish out of the current backwards by the tail. He made a cast across the run, hooked a guy standing on the opposite shelf, thought he had hooked a fish, and PULLED the guy off the shelf into the water. The resulting confrontation made an MMA fight look amateur.

The one bonus of hanging around 9 Mile in the fall was I learned from the experienced guys below the salmon were FALL BROWNS!! Back in the 70s there was a pretty good population of browns...I think from USA stocking...and they would lurk in the deeper runs behind the salmon.

Hey just to mention dropshot...you label the salmon river fishermen as the circus and a snag fest for a loose hen...on the flip side you mentioned in the other thread you got someone else to do your dirty work and get you your salmon and salmon eggs ...for what.. yep fall steelhead fishing.. every season...isnt that being hypacrocritical?.. you know and I now where and how the source comes from and other steelheaders as well...Have a nice day!

:rolleyes: Like you @mick we all have an opinion and this was exactly the kind of arrogant response myself and I'm sure others expected from you. I spoke with you on the phone once receiving the same long winded "hoo hoo" most of your posts are full of while getting to say only about 3 words myself during the whole 15 minute conversation.

However, it wasn't time totally wasted because it was enough to confirm what I had already suspected, you don't have both oars in the water. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hey DaveJ your absoulutely right about the fall browns in nine mile, I was lucky to catch a few..and just to mention they are in there spawning in the fall.......the browns were raised in Kincardine in a indoor facility for years. I was able to visit and see the large pools of trout. This was managed privately with the help of our MNR tax dollars. I strongly feel thats where some of our tax dollars should be focused on is creating and improving fishing oppurtunties like that. Its unfortunate here in the south they have closed mostly all of the government stocking facilities because of lack of funds. I was really impressed when I visited the normandale stocking facility. They had both indoor and outdoor pools full of different species of trout. Not now..they would rather spend alot of our tax dollars on watching anglers and hunters with binnoculars...lol...and some fellow anglers and hunters are happy to see them watching and being watched...lol
I feel if this is how the MNR is going to conduct enforcement. They could save thousands of wasted tax dollars by installing surveillance cameras...lol

Last edited:
well we all have our own thoughts and opinions...your reply wave runner has nothing to do with the MNR is watching my comments do have a relation to the thread

you need to tell the truth wave runner...your fishing posts for one....and the fact is I put you on a great spot for fish location...and you went on and on about the boat launch about being unsafe....omg others have been launching there for years...20 foot lunds...I never seen your boat...its under 20ft
like you didn't have to launch there..you went on and on and on like a broken record about the launch being unsafe...you said well what if the wind blows this way and you said the water depth was 3 feet out so far that was totally untrue ...oh but on the flip side nothin happened to you or your boat...

you need a reality check buddy...lol

Last edited:
I feel if this is how the MNR is going to conduct enforcement. They could save thousands of wasted tax dollars by installing surveillance cameras...
So when they install the surveillance cameras and do catch someone, they have it on film - yes- but how is the MNR to track them down?? It's not like there is a license plate on the hip waders... So just out of curiosity... how is the law to be imposed in your world?

I already gave my comments on the MNR. As you said we all have our own thoughts and opinions and we have all expressed them. If you can suck in your wind long enough you might notice that everyone disagrees with your comments in this thread including myself. (y) That's all I have to say.

By the way I never used the GPS coordinates you mentioned or wrote them down so don't puff yourself up. :rolleyes:

referring to the article titled the MNR IS WATCHING....:wideyed:

I don't care wave runner what you did with the fish location on that reef I gave you...I tried to help and all you have done is belittle me about the boat launch...

you know and I know the real truth about the what ifs about a boat launch that caused you no harm at all..I even thought you had a bad dream about it or something??? .. not right at all on your end...just to let the others know I sent wave runner a personal meassage titled What happen at the launch? He tells me zero...thats the reality

Last edited:
Thats what channel 68 is all about sharing fishing reports and helpful fishing information...

thats what I did was give wave runner first hand fishing location information on a specific reef for catching walleye. Not only that but i provided the best location of a boat launch that he did not know nothing about. I can tell you first hand this boat launch is safe. The township has worked hard to maintain the launch in a safe manner to not bring no harm to the boat owner that uses the launch. I have had a few discussions with the employees that maintain the boat launch. I have used the boat launch safely many times and so have others. My boater safety is extremely important to me and to others as well. I would never ever ever put anyone in harms way with them and there boat.

Back