Weed and Boating??

You may have not smoked a joint like that, but I have seen edibles that would leave you pasted to a chair unable to speak or move your legs and leave you in a complete daze..... next day you would be so foggy you would have a hard time remembing your own name. The weed now is not the same as it was 20 years ago.
even if they had that strong edibles it would make them happy hungry and sleepy, probably would make them more sleepy if anything, not a belligerent agressive ass. I've never bin at a bar where a couple of guys are smoking a joint one minute, and trying to fight each other the next.

even if they had that strong edibles it would make them happy hungry and sleepy, probably would make them more sleepy if anything, not a belligerent agressive ass. I've never bin at a bar where a couple of guys are smoking a joint one minute, and trying to fight each other the next.
We are not talking about fighting in a bar but rather a safe level ( if any)for operation of a watercraft .

We are not talking about fighting in a bar but rather a safe level ( if any)for operation of a watercraft .
yeah I don't think there's a whole lot of new smokers, if they were smoking and driving it be for they will be doing it now and it's not like there was crazy accidents due to drug imparement, that my friend is booze your thinking of that causes the accidents, or people who can't get off there phone. I'm certainly happy to see those people charged over someone smoking and driving.

Waiting for an answer ? From me I was asking a question, I’ve never heard cigarettes called mind altering before

Waiting for an answer ? From me I was asking a question, I’ve never heard cigarettes called mind altering before

Calling cigs mind altering is rediculous. Nicotine is a mild stimulant similar to caffeine. But definitely not mind altering. By that definition pop, energy drinks, chocolate bars etc would also be mind altering :LOL: I don't think so...

Josh

Calling cigs mind altering is rediculous. Nicotine is a mild stimulant similar to caffeine. But definitely not mind altering. By that definition pop, energy drinks, chocolate bars etc would also be mind altering :LOL: I don't think so...

Josh
Do you smoke? I do every couple months probably more than likely after a beer or after a hard days work, and that stuff gives me crazy head buzzes that can last a while befor feeling nauseous, I understand that doesnt someone smoking every day but...

There is no d
yeah I don't think there's a whole lot of new smokers, if they were smoking and driving it be for they will be doing it now and it's not like there was crazy accidents due to drug imparement, that my friend is booze your thinking of that causes the accidents, or people who can't get off there phone. I'm certainly happy to see those people charged over someone smoking and driving.
difference, impairment is impairment for whatever reason. Until a safe level is established ( if ever) it needs to be dealt with in the same manner hence the same rules being applied at this time. I am all for a safe level once its established.

Do you smoke? I do every couple months probably more than likely after a beer or after a hard days work, and that stuff gives me crazy head buzzes that can last a while befor feeling nauseous, I understand that doesnt someone smoking every day but...

I smoked between 1 and 2 packs a day for 20yrs until 2yrs ago so yes....and I stand by nicotine in no way being a mind altering substance.

Josh

Old guy bullshit gathering this aft? Life long buds so anything goes, so of course legal weed discussion. Ages 55 to 90, what a riot, some have smoked the devils lettuce, some still do, other,s still believe in linching for the green , know it sounds course but what better place to get a social view?
Of course, the beer and whiskey going down was never a question.
Un real how many reveled growing a plant or two in their garden for some one, or more so, they could score $$?
I'm not going to judge, but with legal growing, back yard stealing is going to become common place, and I don't like to think of the possible outcomes?

I’ve been following this thread since the beginning , biting my tongue LOL ! The reality is I’ve seen lots folks drink some handle it better then others. Same with weed. Remember laws are in place to protect ppl from being able to hurt themselves ... like j walking ! Anyone with common sense and knows where To drawn that line is one one side of the argument! I professionally operate heavy equipment and drive heavy haul ... drink like a fish when on land but high when I drive ... busted lol. 25 years with an Az licence and abstract! Remember you can’t fix stupid. We teach that we are all equal but I see the good the bad and the horrible every day.

I mostly agree
I’ve been following this thread since the beginning , biting my tongue LOL ! The reality is I’ve seen lots folks drink some handle it better then others. Same with weed. Remember laws are in place to protect ppl from being able to hurt themselves ... like j walking ! Anyone with common sense and knows where To drawn that line is one one side of the argument! I professionally operate heavy equipment and drive heavy haul ... drink like a fish when on land but high when I drive ... busted lol. 25 years with an Az licence and abstract! Remember you can’t fix stupid. We teach that we are all equal but I see the good the bad and the horrible every day.
agree with your above statement however common sense is a rarity mostly now says. You cant police or enforcement it..
So until then a safe amount needs to be established just like booze. How they get there I really dont kmow. Everything is so black and white that there cant any grey areas or someone ( with it this so called common sense) will abuse it. We had a Halloween party last weekend. One guy gave another a legal edible. Warned him could be strong. Other guy not a rookie by any means. Well over 200 lbs. Ate whole thing no bigger than lego block. Within 45 mins he was sick, incoherent and laying in his van. Could not drive walk talk or function. Maybe had 2 beers before hand. Point is we still haven't seen a safe level. Obviously this wasnt a safe level probably not even half or a quarter.
Cops are handcuffed at moment. In your system and your impaired but what I read . I hope they flex a bit . Yes will be a long winter

Thing with weed is that your likely aware you shouldn't be driving and can easily make the decision not to if your too f'ed up. Booze on the other hand drops inhibitions and some seem more willing to get behind the wheel as they become more inebriated.....not condoning driving on either tho!

Josh

According to studies the opposite is true. Someone stoned is 3 times more likely to drive than drunk because they have a false delusion they can actually drive better when stoned which of course is crap. What's really alarming is driving under the influence of both is on the rise. So now you have drivers that are not just drunk or high but totally smashed and that is as lethal as it can get. These drivers where 2.9 times more likely to have caused their car crash than drivers who had only alcohol in their systems. MADD is concerned that may now become a trend on our highways. I'm just someone who still believes in right and wrong and this is WRONG. Like many other things they have legalized I see nothing good whatsoever coming from this stupidity at all.

According to studies the opposite is true. Someone stoned is 3 times more likely to drive than drunk because they have a false delusion they can actually drive better when stoned which of course is crap. What's really alarming is driving under the influence of both is on the rise. So now you have drivers that are not just drunk or high but totally smashed and that is as lethal as it can get. These drivers where 2.9 times more likely to have caused their car crash than drivers who had only alcohol in their systems. MADD is concerned that may now become a trend on our highways. I'm just someone who still believes in right and wrong and this is WRONG. Like many other things they have legalized I see nothing good whatsoever coming from this stupidity at all.
???????????????

Josh

It's funny that you say it's ridiculous, yet in the following sentence you say its a mild stimulant. I suppose you don't realize that mild stimulant is a drug which has physiological effects on the brain and alters normal function?

Caffeine is also a drug with physiological effects, especially when taken in high doses like in energy drinks and can definitely alter normal function.

A drug is a drug, there's just different levels of physiological effects each has.

Back