Off Topic Transom tie down straps

I use these https://www.buyimmi.com/product/2-inch-boatbuckle-retractable-ratchet-tie-down/
I have never had any issues with them... I launch every day, they are probably undersized for my boat, but they are the heaviest duty I can find... the way I figure it, if I'm in a situation where my boat wants to come off the trailer... I've got way bigger issues to worry about.

Just took a loom at these looki g to upgrade my dads set witch is a terrable design flip over buckle you pull hand tight and try to flip over always end up a little loose or a bloody knuckle. The one we have currently are double hooks after you undo them they can be taken right off the trailer but this seems lime a better system and so far the 6-8 commu ity has backed the quality of them. Looking at these it appers you would bolt the ratchet end to the trailer frame and just hook to the boat and then ratchet tight?

Thanks

Have used absolutely all on the market that I could fine and have always come back to the Boat Buckles for ease of use and durability/strength. On my current boat (25' over all hull length western style aluminum) the standard Boat Buckles wouldn't work so I found out they make a similar buckled called the Cargo Buckle... almost 3 times the weight rating and they pull out to 6 feet instead of aprox 3' or slightly less. Peace of mine with the extra weight rating! Also, if you zoom into into the photo below you can also see I run a standard Boat Buckle on the bow pulling down to the tung...This keeps the bow planted and a much better ride.305966315_10160312965290833_2346508955325209067_n.jpg

I use these https://www.buyimmi.com/product/2-inch-boatbuckle-retractable-ratchet-tie-down/
I have never had any issues with them... I launch every day, they are probably undersized for my boat, but they are the heaviest duty I can find... the way I figure it, if I'm in a situation where my boat wants to come off the trailer... I've got way bigger issues to worry about.
Did you buy these thru the site listed? My dads birthday is coming up and i want to fet these aposed to the pull and fold ones he has now its hard to get tight without busting your knuckles eh but im dont like buying things from the internet. If its a site you would trust i would place an order if not any stores carry these around the hamilton niagara region you know of?

Thanks

Did you buy these thru the site listed? My dads birthday is coming up and i want to fet these aposed to the pull and fold ones he has now its hard to get tight without busting your knuckles eh but im dont like buying things from the internet. If its a site you would trust i would place an order if not any stores carry these around the hamilton niagara region you know of?

Thanks
I have seen them at Bass Pro in Niagara-on-the Lake. Sorry but I can't remember the price. Give them a call or look on their website. Can't hurt. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Yes. I did buy them in the internet at the link provided. No issues

Thank you
Frank I got mine on Amazon Canada and they still sell them $162.44 including shipping and HST. From the site rastam4n provided they are $136.47 USD with shipping ($191 CDN)

It won't let me put in the link so just put Boat Buckle G2 in search on amazon.ca and it will come up for you.

Last edited:
Frank I got mine on Amazon Canada and they still sell them $162.44 including shipping and HST. From the site rastam4n provided they are $136.47 USD with shipping ($191 CDN)

It won't let me put in the link so just put Boat Buckle G2 in search on amazon.ca and it will come up for you.
Thanks i wouldnt even have looked on the amazon

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks