Off Topic Transom tie down straps

Alby

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Does anyone use the bolt on ratchet straps and if so what kind and how have they stood up always thought with them getting wet all the time they may not work well for very long thx in advance

I use these https://www.buyimmi.com/product/2-inch-boatbuckle-retractable-ratchet-tie-down/
I have never had any issues with them... I launch every day, they are probably undersized for my boat, but they are the heaviest duty I can find... the way I figure it, if I'm in a situation where my boat wants to come off the trailer... I've got way bigger issues to worry about.
I would think sheer strength and load strength are two different things.

If your boat is secured to the trailer and things hit the fan your rachet straps are working off of load not sheer.

Also I wonder what the fudge number is on rachet straps? That's providing the strap is DOT approved. If a rachet strap is rated and sd at 5,000 lbs. is the failure poundage rating actually 15,000 lbs? But guaranteed the failure point is well above the posted value.

I second the Boat Buckles @rastam4n mentioned. I have used them for many years and they are flawlessly slick to use. I would never go back to the other knuckle busting brands out there.

You won’t regret it. My new boat came with boat buckles installed and I don’t know why I never had them before. They are awesome!

20 years of having a bass boat, 100 plus days on the water a year and I have never had an issues with the boat buckle brand. They are standard on nearly every bass boat today.

I just bought a set of the boat buckles and must say they look very well built. Much beefier than I expected. Transom straps have been a royal PITA on my boat due to recessed trim tabs and location of strap holes on the trailer. Time to mount these and resolve an issue Ive been putting off since I bought it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks