Thames River Walleye’s….Anyone else having any Luck? 🤔

While my wording may seem incorrect, I do not think I am totally wrong. I agree that the adult spawners are long range migratory fish from St Clair etc, they migrate up the Thames all the way to London to spawn every spring. These eggs turn into fish and from some studies I've read are likely hatched in the same area as their parents did and lived part of their "fry-stage" to juvenile lives in the upper Thames where by fall they move out. But they are in some way similar to salmon/trout where they will return each year, for why would a lake walleye swim all the way up the Thames if it had not some instinctual spawning need to do so back to their birth area? There are 99% of the fish classed as short spawners that spawn within 3 miles of where they were born in the lakes/reservoirs. This 1% is different.

So, it is these fish I'd be concerned with. Catch and remove the spawners and as a few years go by the whole thing collapses as there are not enough migratory fish left with a memory to make the migration.

Please educate me if this premise is wrong. (Not being sarcastic as I could be totally wrong here and leave it to greater minds to assist)
From my understanding about 70% spawn in lower Thames.thats why it's was always closed till April 15th years ago.and the fry don't go back tell the next spring and some never do they stay in the river system there hole lives.ive caught a few over the years with tags and 2 have actually came from Saginaw bay

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks