Tarpon

def2

image.jpg Puerto Rico in April San Juan lagoons silver kings on 15lb test. I dream of those tarpon all the time we got four in on about 18 hits on dead bait. Big fish was seventy pounds. If u ever getta chance to fish tarpon do it no matter what it costs.

Great job that has always been a dream of mine to hook into a tarpon hopefully one day that dream will become a reality
congratulation

Tarpon are abundant between Charlotte Harbor as far north as El Jobean and south to Ft. Myers. Gasparilla sound is hot too. This is the area they film the Tarpon tourneys.

image.jpgHere's r big fish with captn David from magic tarpon. Their not as big as those ocean tarpon in Florida but in the lagoon u don't have the waves or all the boats. We saw three other boats n sum locales fishing in kayaks( I can't imagine fighting this pig in that)

Those are awesome fish!.

You wouldn't want the bigger ones, I was on a charter in the Keys and my friends son got one at 130#, he fought it for an hour and a half. Twice he was ready to pass the rod off then it was too big to boat for a picture.

Someday I want to catch one too:)

View attachment 847 Puerto Rico in April San Juan lagoons silver kings on 15lb test. I dream of those tarpon all the time we got four in on about 18 hits on dead bait. Big fish was seventy pounds. If u ever getta chance to fish tarpon do it no matter what it costs.
I've yet to land my first tarpon. I've hooked several over the years but have not even had a leader touch thus far. Albert, my usual fishing partner, landed a 130 pounder near the bridge at Marathon Florida several years ago but we used heavy duty level wind gear that day and not the usual 20 pound test spinning gear. Congratulations on your fish. He's a beauty. I've always found the 60-90 pounders the hardest to handle because they jump so much. Albert's 130 pounder never jumped once.

I got two in that day 30lb n 40lb n they flew out of the water like five feet a few times hard on equipment peeling line n giving them slack (bow to the king) when they jump was tough to do cause ur always taught keep ur line tight my buddy kept losing em cause of this. Bill caught the big fish of the day,soon as r guide saw it come out of the water he ran up and was grabbing the anchor rope n a lifejacket i thought he was gunna wrastle the monster but he tyed the life jacket to the anchor rope so nobody stole r spot(genius) then the chase began i was losing my mind n spilling my beer, Bill was huffing puffin with a combination of joy n fear at the same time on his face. We (i use we cause i felt my constant encouragement n running in circles helped) fought it fer near n hour with captn get four leadertouches followed by a san juan shower n screaming line mangroove roots sharp rocks touch n go literally we finally got it in then it took a huge dump fought the shit out of it!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks