Stay at home order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Therapy

With a stay at home order in place starting on Thursday ,i guess no more fishing? what would happen if you were stopped towing a boat? Covid does NOT get you on the Niagara river fishing with ones son . The idea of having to wear a mask outside has no scientific merit . Mr Ford is getting desperate.

Is the fine for each adult worth it?
being near $1000 a piece
It’s absolutely ridiculous
I welcome a curfew over this non sense

Be prepared to be stopped and harassed and possibly fined if you’re travelling to a fishing hole on a river bank. All the fun stuff
BS

I was just watching YouTube videos guys fishing in the river in Port Hope this pass fall being harassed by police officers on two separate occasions.
the trials along the river were closed the water sheds were not
Police don’t all know the difference
Now you will have even more Nube bi law officers around all puffed up on a power trip.
yah it will happen whether I agree that you’re in the right or not. Somebody somewhere will be harassed and fined for fishing.
it isn’t right but that’s the world we live in

I was just watching YouTube videos guys fishing in the river in Port Franks this pass fall being harassed by police officers on two separate occasions.
the trials along the river were closed the water sheds were not
Police don’t all know the difference
Now you will have even more Nube bi law officers around all puffed up on a power trip.
yah it will happen whether I agree that you’re in the right or not. Somebody somewhere will be harassed and fined for fishing.
it isn’t right but that’s the world we live in
that’s a who say matter Spreading misleading information

Attachments

• FBB9A0B6-6940-478B-B2C4-2AFF0E8572ED.png
    FBB9A0B6-6940-478B-B2C4-2AFF0E8572ED.png
    528.7 KB · Views: 138
Well the video I saw was from the fall. not the spring
None the less I’m happy to read that, thanks for sharing.

. The idea of having to wear a mask outside has no scientific merit . Mr Ford is getting desperate.
You don't HAVE to wear a mask outside if you can keep 6' away from people. If you're by yourself no mask required. With a group of people all within 6' a mask should be worn by everyone. AND, yes Ford is getting desperate. My opinion is that this thing is getting away from them ( the powers that be ) and they're now starting to grasp at straws. More BS to follow I'm sure.

Although they are calling it a "stay at home" order, there doesn't seem to actually be any references to having to stay at home, it's just a list of increased closure requirements (which should have the impact of reducing travel).

However it calls out that the following outdoor activities are permitted.
Outdoor recreational amenities permitted to open, subject to conditions, include (weather permitting): oParks and recreational areasoBaseball diamondsoBatting cagesoSoccer, football and sports fieldsoTennis, platform tennis, table tennis and pickleball courtsoBasketball courtsoBMX parksoSkate parksoFrisbee golf locationsoCycling tracks and bike trailsoHorse riding facilitiesoShooting ranges, including those operated by rod and gun clubsoIce rinksoSnowmobile, cross country, dogsledding, ice-skating and snow-shoe trails oPlaygroundsoPortions of parks or recreational areas containing outdoor fitness equipmentoTobogganing hills and skating trails Refer to subsequentslide for public health and workplace safety measures.

Anyone have any other reference that provide reference to travel restrictions?

The reason they did the state of emergency was so they could free up funding to enforce the restrictions that are already out there they added a few extras and called it the stay at home order so anyone of the listed officials can slap you with a hefty fine
They also likely hire more people to be “covid cops” going around and ticketing people.

Let's not over think this. We're allowed to go outside to exercise, that means going for a jog, a run, a bike ride, or just a walk. It probably doesn't mean going fishing, much the same as it was last year when these measures were taken. What we would rather, having to do this NOW when there is very little if any safe ice in this area and fishing isn't exactly on fire, or having to do this in the spring and summer in the middle of the best times to get out and wet a line? They're asking us to stay home unless for work, essential trips (groceries) or appointments, I assume that to mean medical appointments, which I find funny because I haven't been able to physically see my doctor since this all began last year. It's all been done over the phone. I call the office and talk to the receptionist, who calls my doctor's nurse, who calls me back and we have a discussion about why I called, then IF she feels I need to speak to my doctor, she calls my doctor, they have a discussion and then my doctor calls me back and we go from there.

It's not hard to stay home as we're being asked. Regardless of what season it may be, unless I have an errand to run, or I'm going fishing in the spring and summer, I do that all the time, but especially at this time of the year. It's January. I call it "hibernation" and honestly, I'd rather be sitting at home NOW, as opposed to being forced to sit at home like I was last year because the places I can get to and go fishing in the spring and early summer are closed to the public.

I couldn't get out last year until 6 weeks after I normally do, well after people who own boats could go, but despite that, I still had a pretty good season last year, (See my earlier post entitled "A few memories from last year) What will save my sanity this time around is starting tomorrow, the NHL starts again (for as long as they continue to play which is questionable at best) so at least I'll have something to watch other than what's going on in the United States until I decide to end my annual "hibernation." I'm hoping I'll be able to get out in mid to late April as usual. We all do our part now, we ALL get to go fishing when the fishing is generally thought to be better than it is now. But until then, I'm quite content to stay in "hibernation" because I know when I do end that "hibernation," the fish is gonna be there and I'd rather look forward to THAT, then sit here and bitch and complain about what we're being asked to do. GO LEAFS GO.

Lets not forget the real reason that this * stay home* has been implemented. Our hospitals won't be
able to handle the ever increasing numbers of Covid cases. Health care workers have been pushed hard
for nearly a year and will soon get pushed harder. as it increases.
My wife is a retired nurse, but is still in contact with with her ex-coworkers and hears the agony that's about to happen.
It's going to be hard on us all. I want to go and party with the neighbours, and go to my cancelled concerts at the Bud Centre, and visit a fishing show but we can't. Thankful for facetime and can see my grandkids.
Let's all continue to do our best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks