So let me get this straight

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
So let me get this straight. I go to Superstore/IGA/Sobeys and buy a
pack of sliced ham wrapped in plastic, a loaf of bread in a plastic bag, 4L
of milk in a plastic jug, a pack of napkins wrapped in plastic, a Greek
salad in a plastic container, a plastic bottle of mustard and a plastic
bottle of ketchup, and they won't give me a plastic bag to carry it home
because the plastic bag is bad for the environment?

I remember the milk "man" delivering glass bottles once a week. Often think that might be the way to solve the milk bag problem. Even the waxed milk containers now have a plastic screw lid..that needs to end. It is true though...everything you buy is either in a hard plastic container or a plastic bottle of some sort. Plastic shopping bags aren't the big problem

What would this world be without plastic???
everyone hating on plastic think about what this world would be if it was never invented.
Yes I agree not every single thing needs to be plastic or have plastic in it and should definitely start finding substitutes for plastic for “non-essential” items.
but I don’t even want to know where we would be without plastic
What would your fishing line be?

everyone hating on plastic think about what this world would be if it was never invented.
Yes I agree not every single thing needs to be plastic or have plastic in it and should definitely start finding substitutes for plastic for “non-essential” items.
"What would your fishing line be?" Plastic..paper..kind of ..uhm..hmm..paper.. kind of.. line thing..
🤡🤡

Where would fishing be period without plastic baits, grubs, musky baits, frogs, creature baits, bobbers, swim baits, worms, crank baits, ,,
I often wonder what happens to a plastic worm that gets eaten by a fish and comes off your hook?, does it work it's way through the fish? do they spit it out?, does it just sit at the bottom of the lake?
all plastic. !
planer boards, although some are wood.
Plastics leech toxins into our food, proven fact.
Tooth paste has micro plastics.
outdoors cards
We certainly wouldn't be buying cheap crap from china if we got rid of plastics,,
we would probably have more durable products without.
just like real metal cars.

Recycling plants lie about what they don't recycle, yet we give them to recycle at no cost to them, must be nice to get free $$$. yet we pay to recycle at a cost on taxes.

Copper or braid

Well there’s not many things in life that don’t require plastic.
kinda hard to quit it cold Turkey

Copper or braid sure trolling but there is lots of styles of fishing that require a really light line where I don’t think copper or braid will be good enough for the pros.
braid now of days uses some sort of plastic type of line that is braided
You’d need to braid some cotton.

Anyways was just a general comment.
like to see you get threw your entire day without using plastic.
I doubt you will even be able to stay in your own home without touching soemthing that requires plastic to function properly.
computers never would have been invented and from there just life as we know it wouldn’t be the same
the computer you’re own to give smart ass responses wouldn’t be there hahahaha :clown:

Obviously we needed and still need plastic to live in the world we live in today

This government is built entirely on optics. If something is popular JT and the gang will support it to boost their own image and legacy. Although significant improvements do need to be made for the environment, critical thinking needs to be at the base of decision-making.

And our grandparents are not horrible people who disregarded they environment! They canned, repaired their own clothes, and even used cloth diapers!

Industry on the other hand did disregard the environment in many cases, particularly dumping pollutants into waterways...

Complex. Critical thinking is needed to develop solutions that truly work. A rafting instructor is ill-equipped to “navigate” these challenges.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks