So let me get this straight

You guys don't buy it they won't make. Oh and ya most braid has some plastic. So just copper except they can't mine it or get here without petrochemicals. Plastic haters are like junkies trying to blame their dealers cause they want the product. Pipeline haters might learn a lesson if Michigan shuts line 5 and gas goes to 10$ a liter if you can get it.

To the original poster, why if all these plastic things are OK and plastic grocery bags not? It's simple. You don't generally see ketchup bottles hanging in the trees close to landfills that the wind got a hold of and blew away. The wind also cannot get a hold of the used Greek Salad container either and blow them into a waterway. Ever take a drive West of London past the giant landfill close enough to the 401 to smell? Check out the trees surrounding it. "garbage bag trees" is a great line in a Tragically Hip song.

Plus, what plastic can we get rid of easily enough? Ketchup bottles? Not easy. Food containers? Not easy. A plastic grocery bag is actually an easy one to eliminate, convert it to paper...which we have lots of papermills in Canada and a lot of trees. Plastic straws to paper? Great idea, the mill in Espanola Ontario is going to make them where a few mills in BC already are.

Moving away from easily replaceable products like chinese-made plastic bags to Canadian-made paper bags is a great idea.

A poster talked about grandparents...they bagged their groceries in paper bags! I am old enough to remember that. Watch Shawshank Redemption...those are paper bags 'ol Brooks was bagging.

Plastic will never be replaced, too many products need it, but everyone has to at least admit we need to do better. All the news of plastics in our waterways is a major problem, cannot deny it. Must eliminate where we can easy enough, plastic grocery bags is a prefect example.

This government is built entirely on optics. If something is popular JT and the gang will support it to boost their own image and legacy. Although significant improvements do need to be made for the environment, critical thinking needs to be at the base of decision-making.

And our grandparents are not horrible people who disregarded they environment! They canned, repaired their own clothes, and even used cloth diapers!

Industry on the other hand did disregard the environment in many cases, particularly dumping pollutants into waterways...

Complex. Critical thinking is needed to develop solutions that truly work. A rafting instructor is ill-equipped to “navigate” these challenges.
Yup good ole JT and the gang. We need to wrap them up in plastic bags and put them out to the dump. They're screwing with our guns again as well.

@mrozborn the real reason they dislike the AR-15..... all that black plastic..
I’ll be keeping mine

To the original poster, why if all these plastic things are OK and plastic grocery bags not? It's simple. You don't generally see ketchup bottles hanging in the trees close to landfills that the wind got a hold of and blew away. The wind also cannot get a hold of the used Greek Salad container either and blow them into a waterway. Ever take a drive West of London past the giant landfill close enough to the 401 to smell? Check out the trees surrounding it. "garbage bag trees" is a great line in a Tragically Hip song.

Plus, what plastic can we get rid of easily enough? Ketchup bottles? Not easy. Food containers? Not easy. A plastic grocery bag is actually an easy one to eliminate, convert it to paper...which we have lots of papermills in Canada and a lot of trees. Plastic straws to paper? Great idea, the mill in Espanola Ontario is going to make them where a few mills in BC already are.

Moving away from easily replaceable products like chinese-made plastic bags to Canadian-made paper bags is a great idea.

A poster talked about grandparents...they bagged their groceries in paper bags! I am old enough to remember that. Watch Shawshank Redemption...those are paper bags 'ol Brooks was bagging.

Plastic will never be replaced, too many products need it, but everyone has to at least admit we need to do better. All the news of plastics in our waterways is a major problem, cannot deny it. Must eliminate where we can easy enough, plastic grocery bags is a prefect example.
You couldn't say that any better Casey.

Go check out the new gun laws coming down the pipe and you'll figure out really quick that those in charge right now aren't dealing with a full deck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks