1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Wabler, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Wabler

Wabler Member

How much snow is there on the ice? Will a quad make it out or do u need a sled.

tks
    wabler

2. Red Hering

Red Hering Well-Known Member

Wabler,check out this website: rottenronnies.ca he has a taxi service,and runs people out to his rental Hut`s,there & back every day.Or call them at: 519-586-7990 He would definetly know how much snow there is on the ice. I don`t have a sled or a quad(I would if I had a garage to store it in).My personel question would be-Snowshoes or Cross-Country Ski`s,which one would be the best for traveling,under these conditions[?].Would anyone out there know[?] Good Luck Wabler,if you are able to get out there,to those Honey-Holes.8D

RED FISH

3. Wabler

Wabler Member

tks Red. I do have a quad so i better bring the shovel just in case.

4. jumbos

jumbos Well-Known Member

Took a drive to old cut today. Lots of snow at the entrance to the ice,there is a couple of 4ft drifts that you have to get over. Don't know if a bike would get over them without sinking. Only saw a few sleds down there.
    Red Fish... I would say snowshoes;)

Brian (Legend Man)

5. Red Hering

Red Hering Well-Known Member

Thanks jumbos for your personel advice.;)I don`t know how to use either one of these,but I will train myself on the snowshoes.People tell me,they don`t take that long to get use to walking in.:p WOW,4 foot drifts,now there is a challenge on snowshoes that I am looking for.:DThanks Again.

RED FISH

6. addy27

addy27 Member

lots of bikes out of st williams today

7. elevatorman

elevatorman Well-Known Member

Any update on snow at old cut, going down tomorrow with the ATV and hoping there are some trails to follow

Dan B.

www.Fish-A-Thon.com

[​IMG]