Fishing Report SM Bass - Inner Long Point Bay - Sunday, June 30th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The conditions for SM Bass fishing in the Inner Bay were pretty good this morning and the Bass did not disappoint. I picked up Albert at his house in Simcoe just before 8:00 am, launched at Turkey Point and we estimated that we had caught at least 20 smallies by 10:30 AM when we pulled the lines and headed home. We kept 4 bleeders to eat and released the others. All caught on jigs with artificial bait. Water temps were surface 73 F and the wind was about 15 knots from the north. Canvasback was not feeling right this morning and cancelled. No photos....forgot camera.

The conditions for SM Bass fishing in the Inner Bay were pretty good this morning and the Bass did not disappoint. I picked up Albert at his house in Simcoe just before 8:00 am, launched at Turkey Point and we estimated that we had caught at least 20 smallies by 10:30 AM when we pulled the lines and headed home. We kept 4 bleeders to eat and released the others. All caught on jigs with artificial bait. Water temps were surface 73 F and the wind was about 15 knots from the north. Canvasback was not feeling right this morning and cancelled. No photos....forgot camera.
Another great fishing report @Duck Soup and here I thought that the smallmouth bass had left the inner bay because of the warm water above 77 degrees fahrenheit when I was there last friday June 28/19. I managed to catch 5 bass that morning,(I was happy with that),but then it slowed down for me before noon hour on that day.The strong North wind at 15 knots must of cooled down the water when you were there,(at 73 degrees fahrenheit),and seems to turn on the bass,compared to a light southwest wind that I was fishing in last friday.Congratulations,and that is good bass fishing for you and Albert for a few hours this morning.?????

Another great fishing report @Duck Soup and here I thought that the smallmouth bass had left the inner bay because of the warm water above 77 degrees fahrenheit when I was there last friday June 28/19. I managed to catch 5 bass that morning,(I was happy with that),but then it slowed down for me before noon hour on that day.The strong North wind at 15 knots must of cooled down the water when you were there,(at 73 degrees fahrenheit),and seems to turn on the bass,compared to a light southwest wind that I was fishing in last friday.Congratulations,and that is good bass fishing for you and Albert for a few hours this morning.?????
Yeah! Third try for Bass this season. Was tough opening day but still managed to get 7. It was only disappointing because my objective was to have my wife catch a few and I failed in that. The next time out I was guiding friend "Icefisherman" and his kids. They caught 8 which was decent. I posted but the post somehow got deleted along with others. Things really worked out well today. Hope to try for Walleye next week.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks