SM Bass - Inner Bay - Saturday, July 6th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I guided two of my grandchildren for SM Bass this morning. They eventually caught their limit but it wasn't easy. The first 9 came fairly quickly but as soon as we tried moving and they switched to soft baits things got tough. They wouldn't touch the tube baits, artificial leeches didn't work and soft scented biodegradable crawfish didn't do any better. Finally the boys caught their last three on small plastic worms. Sunfish and rock bass clearly liked the small worms as well.

Couple happy Kids Arnie ;-)
Guiding job is not an easy one I hear but well rewarding at the end ;-)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Great catch Arnie and love the smiles! The lake was glass calm early but was still nice out there later in the day.

I went out late morning for a couple of hours and caught lunch as well.....ended up keeping a set of triplets around the 2 1/2lb mark.

Ticket for me was chartreuse worm harnesses in 7-10 ft of water east of Normandale.

Great day and a yummy lunch!

Sounds like you guys had a good day DS, I went out in the evening and couldn't keep them off our lines! The best lures for us were spinnerbaits and X raps. Was gonna try live bait but I prefer throwing lures:)

I got out later in the morning and moved a couple of times. Initially we didn't even have a hit and then we moved into the pack by the outer marker. Kids gave me 10 minutes more of fishing. Between the three of us, we picked up five fish in less than 10 minutes. I used a tube and they were drop shotting Gulp leeches. All caught fish.

Back