Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walking 2+Kms

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Smelling like a man and not walking

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
I have a 2018 Ski-Doo Tundra LT 550F.
Bought for icefishing.
Excellent for breaking trails into back lakes.

The old single cylinder thumpers were great for pulling a ice hut.
My wife and I pulled into St. Williams at 4.30 pm on Saturday to check it out.
Complete mayhem. Dickheads everywhere with zero respect for the surroundings or people.
Worst I have every seen in 40 yrs of ice fishing. Quads with crazy track set-ups on them pick-up trucks just docked in front of no parking signs. Made a old fellow like me really miss the old days.
Unfortunately, it's like this everywhere. It's a rat race.

You could do what I did and add a set of tracks to a Suzuki Sidekick.
AKA Sally. Sally is a bit overweight for the inner bay; but she sure did work good on Lake Nipissing. The pics were taken about 5 mile out from North Bay, last February. Had three guys and all our gear in the red bobsled; me driving and a buddy riding shotgun. Sally had no problem going through 2-3 foot drifts and all the traction I needed of bare ice. The one thing I kept forgetting was that Sally has suspension to take the bumps out of our ride; but the bobsled has none. When we stopped to check on the guys in the sled; it looked like a cyclone went through the inside. Boy did I get crap form the guys for going to fast. LOL

Dan.
thumbnail_IMG_0156.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0157.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1057.jpg

You could do what I did and add a set of tracks to a Suzuki Sidekick.
AKA Sally. Sally is a bit overweight for the inner bay; but she sure did work good on Lake Nipissing. The pics were taken about 5 mile out from North Bay, last February. Had three guys and all our gear in the red bobsled; me driving and a buddy riding shotgun. Sally had no problem going through 2-3 foot drifts and all the traction I needed of bare ice. The one thing I kept forgetting was that Sally has suspension to take the bumps out of our ride; but the bobsled has none. When we stopped to check on the guys in the sled; it looked like a cyclone went through the inside. Boy did I get crap form the guys for going to fast. LOL

Dan.
View attachment 38182View attachment 38183View attachment 38194
You "MacGyvered" the crap out of the sidekick @Dand; well done!

Where you been hiding @JohnW ?
Well @hvyhaul...
It's been an interesting year and a half for me, back in Nov of 2019 the factory i worked at for 14 years notified all of us that we were closing by June 2020(not due to covid) so I was hesitant to spend money going fishing or buying to many fishing related items because I wasn't sure I was going to have money coming in anytime soon because of covid shutting everything down. So June came and went then July then August untill the end of September when they finally shut the doors for good. So then came the job hunting/interview process that I haven't had to do in quite a few years. I was pleasantly surprised when I was getting multiple job offers it just came down to picking the right one that worked best for me and my family. Now I'm at a new job that I love and I'm looking forward to getting back on the boat come summer.

@JohnW wow! I truly appreciate you opening up and thrilled you came out on top.

My simple, but I guess ignorant question was due to the fact I missed your contributions and saw your post and thought great, you hadn't moved on.

Great to hear good news for a change.

Already looking forward to your 2021season's posts.

@JohnW wow! I truly appreciate you opening up and thrilled you came out on top.

My simple, but I guess ignorant question was due to the fact I missed your contributions and saw your post and thought great, you hadn't moved on.

Great to hear good news for a change.

Already looking forward to your 2021season's posts.
No worries @hvyhaul it's all good👍

No I hadn't moved on I've always kept a watchful eye on ch6-8 I just didn't have much to add to any fishing reports because of my lack of fishing this past summer.

Can you belive I only got out on the boat for 1 day of trolling all season😭
Not going to let that happen this year!!!!

Hey @JohnW so glad to see you back posting.👍 Job losses due to closures is not a pleasant experience to go through but so happy to hear your new job situation turned out well for you. There's lots of fish waiting for your return to the lake so good luck fishing this season young man. 🎣😀

Hey @JohnW so glad to see you back posting.👍 Job losses due to closures is not a pleasant experience to go through but so happy to hear your new job situation turned out well for you. There's lots of fish waiting for your return to the lake so good luck fishing this season young man. 🎣
I'm glad to be back @Wave Runner!

That was one experience I wouldn't wish upon anybody! The worst part was working beyond our closure date and not knowing when the end was actually going to arrive.

I can't wait to get back out on the water again I think I'm going through withdrawals lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks