• Global warming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walking 2+Kms

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Smelling like a man and not walking

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Dmanwithnoname

Who still rocks a sled for ice fishing? I hate and love my old 2 stroke.

Attachments

• 1EC622DF-57CB-4BE1-9D61-9499668A1E27.png
    1EC622DF-57CB-4BE1-9D61-9499668A1E27.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
I don't ice fish now but think sled is best. My years ago had to jump 6' open water to get off at Long Point. The St William's fire boys were taking them off there. Man this getting old is not good can't remember how long ago that was, had a 72 sled wow i'm old.

I don't own 1. Never have. I give it a thought every fall but every time I think to my self "hell we hardly get snow and ice" and pass on the idea. Then when I'm fixing to start hauling my gear out on to the ice (ESPECIALLY after a snow fall) and smelling the sweet 2stroke mix cooking in the air as they go buzzing by me 1 after another burning across and through the snow drifts I think to my self "F**k!" I should have picked 1 of them back in the fall!

From a health stand point and after this passed week my body and legs are telling me "It's got to be to better riding a sled then pulling a sled full".

I don't own 1. Never have. I give it a thought every fall but every time I think to my self "hell we hardly get snow and ice" and pass on the idea. Then when I'm fixing to start hauling my gear out on to the ice (ESPECIALLY after a snow fall) and smelling the sweet 2stroke mix cooking in the air as they go buzzing by me 1 after another burning across and through the snow drifts I think to my self "F**k!" I should have picked 1 of them back in the fall!

From a health stand point and after this passed week my body and legs are telling me "It's got to be to better riding a sled then pulling a sled full".
Six Grand, your last line got me lol
Had an Artic Cat ZRT 800 to make it easier. Then I found out the sob is friggin heavy and was a money pit to keep in top shape.
Feet up and wait for escalator to be installed on cardiac hill or open water 🚤🚤

The old single cylinder thumpers were great for pulling a ice hut.
My wife and I pulled into St. Williams at 4.30 pm on Saturday to check it out.
Complete mayhem. Dickheads everywhere with zero respect for the surroundings or people.
Worst I have every seen in 40 yrs of ice fishing. Quads with crazy track set-ups on them pick-up trucks just docked in front of no parking signs. Made a old fellow like me really miss the old days.

I had to dig my quad out on Friday when a drift was a little deeper than it looked. Still made it out fine but a sled would have been better. Just can't justify it for the little snow that we get.

Next year I am buying a sled. But one that is not tuned for crazy speed -- that is where you get engine problems. My rationale is that I now live right near the trails so I can go for rides whenever... and it will make ice fishing way more fun.

Just blew out the driveway with my 2-stroke Toro. Stinks but works well! Not planning on retiring it until I have to.
The “RED” colour of your Toro,”RULES!!” @stomp 😝 and the retirement of your Toro is still year’s away!! 😉 The heavy snow was quite a workout this morning here in London shovelling it by hand. 😅👍🙂

Options for the insane. What we saw going on on Saturday there seems to be no limits to how much you can spend to catch a few fish. Damn I miss the old days of drilling holes by hand and having a relaxing day out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks