Ramp Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Ken's a golfer and doesn't fish is what I got out of that.

According to Ken's world people leave garbage and feces upsetting home owners. I'm gonna go with a small minority does that. But Ken's world its like people are driving drunk so no one should drive anymore?

Shut down the boat launch so more people can congregate at private launches? Does that sound stupid when I say it?

Wondering when this mayor and the mayor of Norfolk are due for another haircut during lockdown . I guess its ok for them .

Well let’s hope some privately owned marinas have a dang back bone

Seeing as they have the absolute legal grounds to remain open, including their launch facilities, I don’t imagine too many of them will sewer their businesses just to play nice with the municipality. I’m not shocked that some of these @sshat politicians would close public ramps again. Although I’m not sure if they realize just how close to the pitchforks and torches they are getting.

BOAT RAMPS

Due to the recent lockdown and stay at home orders, the decision to close the county owned ramps were made. I know that this frustrates many people and with every other decision made throughout this pandemic, you can shoot holes through them and find very good rationale to argue for and against.

So why close the ramps? While it is true is that many local people here fish and enjoy the amenities of the ramps along the grand river and Lake Erie, so do many from other parts of the Province. In fact if you ask many of the residents of Port Maitland they can support the argument that the pier, ramp and park is a very public tourist destination. There are no amenities for these people and so garbage, feces and just about anything else lands on either public property or surrounding private property that obviously is upsetting for those homeowners.

There are privately run ramps that serve the public and offer the amenities needed to accept guests and locals. Access to both waterways is available at a marginal cost and it helps the local private marina or business.

In comparison to golf, while my opinions differ from the Province on many of the COVID rules, most golfers are actually local, and privately run golf clubs possess the staff to keep outdoor facilities cleaned for their patrons. Public ramps just simply do not.

Today we are experiencing the 3rd wave of this virus and while it may seem like it is not evident here in HN, we are not immune to the very real affects of the variants that are pushing the numbers to all time highs. I understand that we are all VIRUS fatigued and frankly had enough but for the health and welfare of the communities, the small sacrifice of closing public boat ramps is a small price to pay for a couple of weeks to flatten and/or to know that we have done everything possible to keep our hospitals free and clear to help our loved ones.

We are currently working with the county staff and those that run private boat ramps to ensure that our local fishing population has some options available to them and so they can enjoy their pastime and be able to fish.

Regards.

Ken
Perhaps its time local taxes were reduced as a small gesture of the counties. You know to help flatten the burden of locals and local business.

My response to his canned answer:
So, your logic to reduce crowding is to generate more traffic and crowding at privately run launches by denying your citizens access to tax dollar funded boat ramps.

I trust you see the futility of your argument.

Regards
HTHM

BOAT RAMPS

Due to the recent lockdown and stay at home orders, the decision to close the county owned ramps were made. I know that this frustrates many people and with every other decision made throughout this pandemic, you can shoot holes through them and find very good rationale to argue for and against.

So why close the ramps? While it is true is that many local people here fish and enjoy the amenities of the ramps along the grand river and Lake Erie, so do many from other parts of the Province. In fact if you ask many of the residents of Port Maitland they can support the argument that the pier, ramp and park is a very public tourist destination. There are no amenities for these people and so garbage, feces and just about anything else lands on either public property or surrounding private property that obviously is upsetting for those homeowners.

There are privately run ramps that serve the public and offer the amenities needed to accept guests and locals. Access to both waterways is available at a marginal cost and it helps the local private marina or business.

In comparison to golf, while my opinions differ from the Province on many of the COVID rules, most golfers are actually local, and privately run golf clubs possess the staff to keep outdoor facilities cleaned for their patrons. Public ramps just simply do not.

Today we are experiencing the 3rd wave of this virus and while it may seem like it is not evident here in HN, we are not immune to the very real affects of the variants that are pushing the numbers to all time highs. I understand that we are all VIRUS fatigued and frankly had enough but for the health and welfare of the communities, the small sacrifice of closing public boat ramps is a small price to pay for a couple of weeks to flatten and/or to know that we have done everything possible to keep our hospitals free and clear to help our loved ones.

We are currently working with the county staff and those that run private boat ramps to ensure that our local fishing population has some options available to them and so they can enjoy their pastime and be able to fish.

Regards.

Ken
I read that in Fords ridiculous mono tone voice, therefore I didn’t even listen to anything that was typed here... sorry
Is that the speech they fed to you to try and manipulate people...

Same logic here was used when making the rule at my work where not aloud to eat my snack and take break at my own desk
Suppose to go to the common lunch room to stop the spread and stay safe

My response to his canned answer:

Any resident of Port Maitland will tell you that garbage and feces were a problem before the pandemic, but the ramps weren't closed then.
Further too that argument. you have not closed the parks just the ramps.
You have provided nothing that shows you have closed the ramps because of Provincial rulings.

Mooner

I read that in Fords ridiculous mono tone voice, therefore I didn’t even listen to anything that was typed here... sorry
Is that the speech they fed to you to try and manipulate people...

Same logic here was used when making the rule at my work where not aloud to eat my snack and take break at my own desk
Suppose to go to the common lunch room to stop the spread and stay safe
That wasn't Ford's reply it was mayor Ken Hewitt's. The Ontario government says they can stay open.

I wonder what logic Norfolk used to close the Port Dover harbour marina and take everyone's boat hostage. You can't even go in to inspect or work on your boat. They have all the staff and amenities that the ramps don't so they can't use Hewitt's argument.

That wasn't Ford's reply it was mayor Ken Hewitt's. The Ontario government says they can stay open.
I know it wasn’t Ford’s speech
I just meant as I read it as tho it was fords speech
But my ears automatically shut off when his monotone speeches start

As much as I would love to get the boat wet and do some sea trials and wet some lines, I have other things I can do.

I'll get over this just fine.

@hvyhaul we’ll all get over this.... eventually..
But it is nice to have people to talk to that feel the same way as us to speak about what we are feeling..
if not,
I’m afraid there maybe a lot of divorces in the coming months.. as I’m sure a lot of fisher people’s wives are sick of hearing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back