Rainbows & Browns Apr.25

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I'm not sure if its frowned upon to post about trout reports because I don't see many on the forum but I'm gonna go out on limb and post my morning. We hit the river at first light and fished til 8:30. We landed 5 Rainbows and 3 Browns between 5 guys. Fun morning with buddies.

Very nice. I went to Lynn river. A lot less cover in the river this year. Sure is a lot of work for an old gut -over logs ,through briars under branches, etc.
Wouldn't change it for all the money in the world:).
Oh yeah got a few browns but not as many as in the past few years.

I'm not sure if its frowned upon to post about trout reports because I don't see many on the forum but I'm gonna go out on limb and post my morning. We hit the river at first light and fished til 8:30. We landed 5 Rainbows and 3 Browns between 5 guys. Fun morning with buddies.

Love to see reports Jessie! Just know that naming creeks on fish boards can produce a lot of negative effects.

I'm guessing you guys left when we did. Sun hit the water and that was it for the bite. What bite there was. 2 of us from first light to 9am, 4 on 2 gone! Even the yearlings were slow to show up. Today was much better, 9 on 2 gone. Short window of opportunity again before the sun and the hoards of sleepy heads returned to beat the crystal clear water to a froth once again. 1 more early morning for me tomorrow at another drift and its back to work and the renovations. September can't get here soon enough for me.

Was out for a few hours today bush wacking. ..7 brookies up to 13 in and one surprise 27" pike. All on panther Martin or mepps tipped with leech . Specks in frying pan with flour and butter..

Supposed to have the day off but a ring of the cell at 7:30 and have to go to work. That's ok I thought. 1 for 2 isn't a bad start to a Monday. WRONG! Longest friggin Monday. Even had to drive past the water I planned on fishing today 3 times helping out with deliveries.
Finally the work day is done and I've got a date with a certain slender float rod I know.
Long story short. Drifted for 3 hours, 3 fish. All males. If I had to guess. Somewhere between 200 and 500 drifts. No wonder I feel like an old man.

Nice photo and great job out there. As an old saugeen Maitland and nine mile fisherman glad to see some reports. Don't get out much anymore. Knees and back don't cooperate with the brain.

Back