Fishing Report Port Glasgow Walleye July 10th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Calling for a perfect day the 3 of us hit Glasgow again this morning and were not disappointed. I let the 2 old guys ? have all the fun while I did the netting and once again a very fast 3 man limit of walleye with some added bow action to boot. However they failed to land any bows and also lost 5 other walleye in the process but they sure were having fun. Surface water temp is now 71F and we caught all fish in 58-60 fow back 110 ft. on #1 Dipsies #3 setting with riggers down 35-40 ft. All different type spoon bite for us today with greasy chicken doing just slightly better than the rest. Extremely comfortable day with zero bugs or flies, wow it's great to be alive fishing Erie. ?:happy:

IMG_20190710_083219.jpg

IMG_20190710_083114.jpg

IMG_20190710_104747.jpg

Congrats Bob.....another nice day for sure. Only problem for Albert, John and myself is finding enough energy to get out two consecutive days.

Congrats Bob.....another nice day for sure. Only problem for Albert, John and myself is finding enough energy to get out two consecutive days.
Thanks Arnie and hey don't worry you do better than me I can't seem to even force myself to do 2 days in row anymore. :inpain::)

2 consecutive day of fishing @Duck Soup can definitely tire a person out.Well,at least on the second day,the boat is already hooked up to the vehicle,and the tackle is already to go,also going right back to the fishing spot from where you left off on the previous day,with not as much guess work involved on where the fish are. ? ????

Calling for a perfect day the 3 of us hit Glasgow again this morning and were not disappointed. I let the 2 old guys ? have all the fun while I did the netting and once again a very fast 3 man limit of walleye with some added bow action to boot. However they failed to land any bows and also lost 5 other walleye in the process but they sure were having fun. Surface water temp is now 71F and we caught all fish in 58-60 fow back 110 ft. on #1 Dipsies #3 setting with riggers down 35-40 ft. All different type spoon bite for us today with greasy chicken doing just slightly better than the rest. Extremely comfortable day with zero bugs or flies, wow it's great to be alive fishing Erie. ?:happy:

View attachment 15628

View attachment 15629

View attachment 15630
Nice catch @Wave Runner!! o_O It doesn’t look like that there is any room for the ice!!:oops: It is good to read that you and your friends had a great day of fishing off Port Glasgow.?????

Yes @Red Hering not much room left for the top layer of ice but there is about 20 lbs. of ice throughout the layers of fish below that. As soon as first fish goes in the cooler I start layering with ice and last layer goes on after the photo. Every trip I always take a second cooler with 40 lbs. of ice and use second cooler also for fish if needed. :)

View attachment 15628

View attachment 15629

View attachment 15630
Great job look at those Beauties glad you had fun.

Nice looking cooler Bob, the fish that are in it look pretty good too. Sounds like you were having as much fun as they were.

Back