Pike - Bluff Bar - Tuesday, April 28th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Albert and I kicked off the Lake Erie season with a trip to Bluff Bar this morning. The water was probably too cold at 46 F but we managed to land 10 Northerns between 3 and 6 pounds in a little under 3 hours, all on jigs. There was one other angler trolling but I have no idea how he did. The bite was slow until the sun warmed things up a little closer to noon but when it did the infamous Long Point Bay southwest breeze also accelerated to about 15 knots .

thanks for the report Arnie going down there tomorrow , still the 4 inch white twister trolled? thanks again Dave

@Duck Soup it's nice to read your reports again Arn and welcome back after that long hard winter. Trolling wasn't the answer for me on Sunday, had to resort to the @spilliard1 thing and cast. It paid off with 10 little guys.
That other boat out there might have been my buddy in a Ranger, he landed only one @8.13#

I have to start using up my holidays and will probably see you sometime next month during the week and I'll have to see if @stomp can find a couple of sick days.

Good first report Arnie...
How is the new trolling motor treating you and Albert?

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Well Emil, the new trolling motor is the slickest invention ever. I forgot to bring the instruction so we didn't get to try any of the automated features but it did pull the boat in any direction I wanted at any trolling speed within reason and when you press "anchor" it holds the boat on the spot without the slightest problem. The winds were 15 knots yesterday with 2 foot waves and every time we hooked a fish I pressed the anchor button and that is where we stayed. We had no problem staying exactly where we wanted to be at all times. Just imagine how many bass you guys would have caught last year if I had that level of boat control.

Ummm...let me try....150...instead of the 60 we got without the new trolling motor. ;)
We still did excellent Arnie and were happy with it.
But can't wait to see it WITH the new motor :sneaky:

As you know the ultimate proof for making me buy one will be when white fish jigging in 90 fow...if that motor keeps the boat in one spot all day without the jig going sideways and without having to pull anchor 20 times a day....I am sold(y)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks