Perching East Shelf / Shoal off of Port Dover

pins_cj

Hey guys; I need some help here and trying to get the young ones on some perch.

With the east wind; we had a tough go of it on Saturday but ran into some guys who got into some around the "East Shelf" just outside of the harbor.

I have just moved back to the area but I can't figure out where this might be. East of the marina, David's, depth of water?

Any help would be appreciated and I can be PM'd if it is a "secret spot"!

Thanks for the help as the boys are thinking Dad lost his touch!

There is shoal directly east of the Port Dover Harbour Marina. Once you get to David's Restaurant you are passed it. Actually you have to go out into the Lake a fair distance to avoid it if you are heading east. The shoal often holds perch and SM Bass. Not too many years ago it was a very reliable early season spot to catch lots of perch. More recently it is hit and miss but there has never been a year that I am aware of that it didn't get red hot at some time. Last season it was super hot for SM Bass on the opener and guys were getting their 50 perch limits in an hour a few weeks later. Tread carefully in there because there are lots of rocks. If you have a typical fishing boat go slow with you engine tilted up a little. Not worth the risk for larger boats.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks