Perch - Port Bruce - Friday July 13th

Fish em All

Finally got out to see if the perch were biting out of Port Bruce. We started off in 32 ft and caught some smaller fish, then moved out to 36 ft and then to 42 ft where we hooked into some bigger perch. Lots of double headers and fast action but a lot of sorting through smaller fish and borderline throwbacks. Two biggest jumbo perch of the day were a 13" and a 14.25", caught over 100 fish and kept 30 nice ones for the pan.
DSC09593.jpg

DSC09585.jpg

DSC09580.jpg

DSC09606.jpg

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Nice size perch! I'm gonna head out of pt.stanley in the morning and haven't been perchin' in a while so it sounds like there a little deeper now, thanx for the info hopefully I'll be able to stock my freezer with some nice jumbo fillets:p

What time of day were you out there? Was out first thing in the morning, and by nine the waves starting rolling and by late morning we were the only boat still at it. Things look rather tame in your pics. Ended up with about 40 fish of varying sizes, lots of throw backs. Fished in 50 feet straight out from the three trees. Needed lots of anchor line to stay put given the depth and size of the waves.

Nice going guys...always enjoy your photos. Hard to believe the size of the perch being caught this year. It's really special when you get to 14". Typically 13" and change is as good as it gets.

Thanks guys, debating on getting a replica mount done of the perch! We were out at first light friday and it was really calm but by 9am the waves picked up bigtime and we headed in shortly after. We've only caught a couple of 14's over the years they are rare indeed.

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Back