Fishing Report Perch/Pike - Inner Bay - Wednesday, October 19th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Last trip with my boat this season. Beautiful day. Albert and I fished the Inner Bay in the area of buoy EC 6. We tried for pike for the first couple of hours and fished perch for probably another 2 hours. We caught one nice pike and a musky fishing for toothy critters. We caught lots of really small ones when fishing for perch. Final perch keeper count was (10) 8" to 10"and (1) about 7 3/4".
Photo below!

Last trip with my boat this season. Beautiful day. Albert and I fished the Inner Bay in the area of buoy EC 6. We tried for pike for the first couple of hours and fished perch for probably another 2 hours. We caught one nice pike and a musky fishing for toothy critters. We caught lots of really small ones when fishing for perch. Final perch keeper count was (10) 8" to 10"and (1) about 7 3/4".
Photo below!
Thanks for the report of your day fishing @Duck Soup.I would of been out on the Bay today,but I had new window`s installed at my house the last couple of day`s,and it was hard not to be Fishing today.By the way,that is a good looking Musky,and something that I haven`t caught yet on Long Point Bay,or at the Bluffs.There is still a few week`s left for fishing hopefully out of my Boat,but I know that day`s like today are going to be hard to come by.All the Best,and Good Luck Duck Hunting,if that is what you are going to be doing next,now that you are putting your Fishing boat away.All the Best.(y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the report of your day fishing @Duck Soup.I would of been out on the Bay today,but I had new window`s installed at my house the last couple of day`s,and it was hard not to be Fishing today.By the way,that is a good looking Musky,and something that I haven`t caught yet on Long Point Bay,or at the Bluffs.There is still a few week`s left for fishing hopefully out of my Boat,but I know that day`s like today are going to be hard to come by.All the Best,and Good Luck Duck Hunting,if that is what you are going to be doing next,now that you are putting your Fishing boat away.All the Best.(y)
Thanks Erich.....yeah I trade the fishing rod for a shotgun this time of year. That was the first musky for me personally this season. I think John (Canvasback) caught one in my boat earlier in the season.

You guys had a great last day of fishing for this season Arne. Looks like Albert finally lost the toss to have his picture taken, especially with that musky. Going to miss all your fish reports, but there comes a time to say "that's enough" Hope you guys winter well and will be looking for that first 2017 Fish Report.

Take care
Jim

Well done guys. Always enjoy reading your posts. Looked like a good amount of waterfowl flying last weekend - good luck with your hunting. Always good to see musky too.

Found minnows @ Propper's today & hit the bay by 12:30pm!dropped anchor in 7 fow in between rowan & St Williams! Unbelievable-easily caught 200 & kept 47 keeper 8" or better with 6 Jumbo's!!!! Had 5 bullhead's 1 bass, 1 Rocky & 1 pike all on perch/crappy rigs!
2 guys just enjoying a phenomenal day on the bay!!!! The fish god's were smiling @ us today⚓

I saw you and Albert fishing in the pack of boats at ec 6. I was in the black lund trolling for pike. I thought about coming and saying hi but it looked pretty congested. Good luck duck hunting!!
Red Dog
Any luck catching Pike while trolling,@Reddog? If not,maybe you should of Pre-Fished first.:whistle::rolleyes::D It was definitely a Beautiful day to be Fishing anywhere.Of all the days for the window installer`s to put in my window`s yesterday.I felt like cancelling the appointment yesterday to be able to go Fishing,But I waited 5 week`s for them to install them,so,cancellation was not an option.LOL Tight Lines,& PIKE ON!! :)(y)

I saw you and Albert fishing in the pack of boats at ec 6. I was in the black lund trolling for pike. I thought about coming and saying hi but it looked pretty congested. Good luck duck hunting!!
Red Dog
I was doing exactly what @Reddog was doing but on small black Sea Nymph! No luck trolling so I switched to casting and got two descent size pikes.

@Duck Soup , I am always reading your Fishing Reports so I recognized you and Albert from your posted pictures, and I heard your story about getting one musky and one pike - on water sound travels very far;)

The marina in Burwell, west side of bridge was going to finish off what she had left Wednesday and shut her down.so just a heads up she's likely done now as well.

Any luck catching Pike while trolling,@Reddog? If not,maybe you should of Pre-Fished first.:whistle::rolleyes::D It was definitely a Beautiful day to be Fishing anywhere.Of all the days for the window installer`s to put in my window`s yesterday.I felt like cancelling the appointment yesterday to be able to go Fishing,But I waited 5 week`s for them to install them,so,cancellation was not an option.LOL Tight Lines,& PIKE ON!! :)(y)
Sorry for the late reply Erich. I caught three pike trolling and one casting, the biggest was around 5lbs.
Reddog

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks