Fishing Report Perch - Normandale - Tuesday, August 17th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Forecasts suggested we had a weather window between 7:00 am and 1:00 pm and what is there better to do than go fishing. We started a little after 9:00 am just west of Normandale and drifted east catching a few but not many. Fishing was tough until about 11:00 am when things really heated up and we put the electric bow mount in anchor mode. We used every minnow we had finishing at about 12:15 with 27 keeper perch and one huge rock bass. We usually buy one scoop at Erie Bait. They have first class minnows right now. Winds were very light SSW early and about 10-11 knots heading back to Turkey Point. It was sunny all morning on the water.

Forecasts suggested we had a weather window between 7:00 am and 1:00 pm and what is there better to do than go fishing. We started a little after 9:00 am just west of Normandale and drifted east catching a few but not many. Fishing was tough until about 11:00 am when things really heated up and we put the electric bow mount in anchor mode. We used every minnow we had finishing at about 12:15 with 27 keeper perch and one huge rock bass. We usually buy one scoop at Erie Bait. They have first class minnows right now. Winds were very light SSW early and about 10-11 knots heading back to Turkey Point. It was sunny all morning on the water.
Thank-you for the update. Hopefully Friday is nice weather for fishing. Have you been over to Woolley's point?

It's been quite productive out that way for the last few weeks, just after my goby fest three weeks ago... Lots of sorting to do so definitely bring lots of bait! The folks at @Lake Erie Bait and Tackle are generous with the scoops, i have been splitting the size of shiners from them lately into thirds with greater hookset's 👍 I keep the fish ID on to keep my kids entertained and my fishin' buddies irritated 😁

Attachments

• 20210815_125431_HDR.jpg
    20210815_125431_HDR.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210814_161807.jpg
    20210814_161807.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 110
Duck Soup - We ended up with 15 keepers.We were the boat you beside you.We talked when you first arrived at Turkey Point.You guy's must be much better fisherman than we are to land that many.
I doubt that we are better fishers Skipper. We just had lots that swallowed the hook and we keep them if they won't survive being released. Actually we were really surprised that people around us didn't catch more than us. Seemed everyone was hauling up fish while we were waiting for our turn. I heard from another angler who was close to us and he also reported catching fewer than we expected.

Thank-you for the update. Hopefully Friday is nice weather for fishing. Have you been over to Woolley's point?
I haven't fished Woolley's in a couple of years but have a buddy who did very well there the only time he fished it a couple of weeks ago.

I am hoping to get out myself in the AM on friday

Are there any places to buy minnows close to Port Dover?

Nice catching Arnie. Good perch fishing there. 27 keepers for your meals will have a happy ending. I haven't been up there for 3-4 years due to many trailer issues and this world situation we are in. Maybe in the fall if $$$$ hold up and issues can get resolved. I still enjoy your posts.

Ran down to normandale this morning, ended up with 22 decent perch all in the 8-11 inch range nothing huge , got most fish before 10:00 and by noon the bite had dropped right off , lots of perch around , but super aggressive gobys always seemed to get your bait first , I generally split minnows in half , but keeping them whole was working better to catch perch and not gobys , counted more than 40 boats in a small area , FB1A740A-4772-4EA4-BB62-1D65F331F57A.jpeg0B5A96B5-B5C3-4900-9262-D947F22E20C4.jpegall in all was a good day on the water

Back