Perch Bite ON!! Wednesday January 17/18

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
After first stopping @Jimmy Riggin for a couple of (very generous) 2 Dozen of minnows,I had the Pleasure of meeting up with one of my Fishing Buddies @Reddog and Fishing with him off the Old Cut.What a Great Day We had!! @Reddog treated me quite Royalty,by bringing a ATV,a Clamshell Portable Fishing Hut,and also plenty of propane Heat in our Hut,so that we would make our Cold & very Windy Day outside more Comfortable,inside our Hut.? After only moving twice,we found plenty of Perch to keep us entertained and busy trying to Catch them,they were Fast!! We were Fishing in around 5 1/2 feet deep,and the water Clarity was just Perfect!! We kept 40 Perch between us,and also released a lot of smaller Perch.Thanks again @Reddog,and I am looking forward to be Fishing with you again sometime soon.E660A5B5-210B-42A0-B838-A9766EA38127.jpegE49CFD67-48FA-42B5-A903-4E9EE68563E0.jpegC84C8903-5105-4434-AC3C-5D1E0B73F112.jpegF4307F47-2C3A-485E-8048-65571FA98C2C.jpeg8F3FB57D-13F1-405B-9A80-FC69EB8BE0E0.jpeg Get out there Everyone,the Perch ARE There,on Long Point Bay!! ????

Attachments

• 6980860B-6EBE-4A63-B43B-7793A959D54A.jpeg
    6980860B-6EBE-4A63-B43B-7793A959D54A.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
After first stopping @Jimmy Riggin for a couple of (very generous) 2 Dozen of minnows,I had the Pleasure of meeting up with one of my Fishing Buddies @Reddog and Fishing with him off the Old Cut.What a Great Day We had!! @Reddog treated me quite Royalty,by bringing a ATV,a Clamshell Portable Fishing Hut,and also plenty of propane Heat in our Hut,so that we would make our Cold & very Windy Day outside more Comfortable,inside our Hut.? After only moving twice,we found plenty of Perch to keep us entertained and busy trying to Catch them,they were Fast!! We were Fishing in around 5 1/2 feet deep,and the water Clarity was just Perfect!! We kept 40 Perch between us,and also released a lot of smaller Perch.Thanks again @Reddog,and I am looking forward to be Fishing with you again sometime soon.View attachment 7457View attachment 7458View attachment 7460View attachment 7461View attachment 7462 Get out there Everyone,the Perch ARE There,on Long Point Bay!! ????
Nice report hope u left us some yellow bellies going out of O C Friday
Thanks for your report

Nice report hope u left us some yellow bellies going out of O C Friday
Thanks for your report
After first stopping @Jimmy Riggin for a couple of (very generous) 2 Dozen of minnows,I had the Pleasure of meeting up with one of my Fishing Buddies @Reddog and Fishing with him off the Old Cut.What a Great Day We had!! @Reddog treated me quite Royalty,by supplying a ATV,a Clamshell Portable Fishing Hut,and also plenty of propane Heat in our Hut,so that we would make our Cold & very Windy Day outside more Comfortable,inside our Hut.? After only moving twice,we found plenty of Perch to keep us entertained and busy trying to Catch them,they were Fast!! We were Fishing in around 5 1/2 feet deep,and the water Clarity was just Perfect!! We kept 40 Perch between us,and also released a lot of smaller Perch.Thanks again @Reddog,and I am looking forward to be Fishing with you again sometime soon.View attachment 7457View attachment 7458View attachment 7460View attachment 7461View attachment 7462 Get out there Everyone,the Perch ARE There,on Long Point Bay!! ????
@Jumbojim Thanks,and there are plenty of Perch!! We missed a lot of Jumbo Perch!! They were Too Fast,or we were TOO SLOW!! ? LOL Even my Bald Eagle Toque(see Photo),caught a Perch,(LOL) The Perch were jumping out of the Ice Hole!! Good Luck on Friday,Tight Lines,& Perch ON!! ????585FCF73-E358-42A9-8B3C-649787F214AA.jpeg

@Jumbojim Thanks,and there are plenty of Perch!! We missed a lot of Jumbo Perch!! They were Too Fast,or we were TOO SLOW!! ? LOL Even my Bald Eagle Toque(see Photo),caught a Perch,(LOL) The Perch were jumping out of the Ice Hole!! Good Luck on Friday,Tight Lines,& Perch ON!! ????View attachment 7463
That toque is awesome! ?
I hope your right on the perch we are taking my buds grand son
Hope I can give a ? Report too ! ?

Nice report on the perch fishing! Pike fishing is my passion but the wife and cabin fever are driving me nuts.... Maybe a few days on the ice and a bunch of nice perch is the answer? Its a long wait until the spring pike tournaments.

Attachments

• 20170429_175557.jpg
    20170429_175557.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 63
love to hear a success story like that one
i hope the ice holds after this warm spell i can go out during the week but i need a lift as my lungs are not the best

love to hear a success story like that one
i hope the ice holds after this warm spell i can go out during the week but i need a lift as my lungs are not the best
Lets hope so @bass fisherman that the ice will hold out.I would love to give you a ride out,but I don’t have a ATV or a Snowmobile,or I would give you a lift out onto the Bay.All the Best during the Ice Fishing Season,& Tight Lines!! ????

Attachments

• F51F1E39-4E5B-41D8-AF22-375BCAC87E67.jpeg
    F51F1E39-4E5B-41D8-AF22-375BCAC87E67.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 6
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks