parking @st.williams

JASON83

where can u park at st.williams to take quad out and how much for parking thanks

Solution
$5 in the field at the top of the hill. Just take the quad down.

I have to walk so I unload my stuff and partner at the edge of the water, drive up the hill to park and walk back while partner loads up the sled, then walk out. All the walking is a pain.

I really wish someone still offered ice taxi service. Hut rental is appealing just because you don't have to walk.
You are almost completely wrong about ATV's.
Yes there are legal 2-Ups, it changed a few years back under the HTA.
Never was a problem under the ORVA. Hell even "add a seats" are fine under the ORVA.
Hmmmmm you may be partly correct, looks like they changed the laws recently regarding 2 up atvs just found it my mistake, however adding a seat still does not make an atv a 2 up and still illegal under HTA. Glad to see them finally updating these old time laws.

Agreed - my ticker is not what it used to be either...If anybody finds me half up the hill and I don't make it, please be sure to clean and eat my catch. It would be a shame if after all that they went to waste ;)
Couple other notes: To the EMTs: the DNR paperwork should be in my front right jacket pocket. To the rest of you's guys: Whoever would be kind enough to give my wife a dingle so she can start the life insurance claim: you can keep all my gear. "Home" on the contact list of my phone (same pocket as the paperwork)

So - The marina at the bottom of the hill in St. Williams is no longer offering parking this year? Used to be able to park in there for $10, well worth the extra fiver to save the long walk down and back up the hill.
Residents of the park are the only ones allowed inside the Marina gates.

Residents of the park are the only ones allowed inside the Marina gates.
Interesting...so a change in policy since last time, maybe in response to Covid-19? Or wait maybe it was never allowed, but last time some ne'er-do-well was just taking cash from folks and telling them they could park there...Kind of like down in Hamilton during a TiCats game...

Interesting...so a change in policy since last time, maybe in response to Covid-19? Or wait maybe it was never allowed, but last time some ne'er-do-well was just taking cash from folks and telling them they could park there...Kind of like down in Hamilton during a TiCats game...
I believe it was more hassle than it was worth.

I drove down there today to check out the parking and the conditions for the weekend. For the amount of guys I saw coming off the ice with empty buckets it looks like way too much effort to park at the top of the hill and haul gear all the way out there and back. I think I will keep looking for somewhere else to try.

Hmmmmm you may be partly correct, looks like they changed the laws recently regarding 2 up atvs just found it my mistake, however adding a seat still does not make an atv a 2 up and still illegal under HTA. Glad to see them finally updating these old time laws.
"partly correct"? What part of my statement was incorrect?
I never said an add a seat was legal under the HTA.
But under the ORVA they are quite legal to carry passengers.
Trick is to know where each Act applies.
Basically if on a road (even crossing a road) the HTA applies.
Off road it's the ORVA.
At the same time the HTA was amended to allow factory 2-up's the also included side by sides as legal on the road depending on local by-laws.
But the way by-laws were done also changed and although the date for this to start was different.
Old way was by-laws had to be passed to allow on road use.
New way is by-laws have to be passed to make it illegal.

Last edited:
"partly correct"? What part of my statement was incorrect?
I never said an add a seat was legal under the HTA.
But under the ORVA they are quite legal to carry passengers.
Trick is to know where each Act applies.
Basically if on a road (even crossing a road) the HTA applies.
Off road it's the ORVA.
At the same time the HTA was amended to allow factory 2-up's the also included side by sides as legal on the road depending on local by-laws.
But the way by-laws were done also changed and although the date for this to start was different.
Old way was by-laws had to be passed to allow on road use.
New way is by-laws have to be passed to make it illegal.
Again trail systems are rules differently than hiway use. Add on seats are a novelty and 100 percent illegal on all ontario roads. The meaning of the orinagl post was aimed at st Williams and norfolk and if its legal to use a 2 up atv. It is now finally recognized as a OHV and permitted for use. The use of a add on seat for the same purpose in the same place will result in a ticket. What is fine under the ORVA is not fine on the lake or access to the lake . We are trying to remind people they are 2 very different things. I have a fancy ticket to prove that add on seats are NOT legal on the ice or access to the lake ...as far as by laws that's not correct. Its still up to each municipality to govern. There is a current motion before norfolk council now to ease restrictions but it has not passed yet. This was an article in the local paper a few weeks ago, look it up.. St Williams remains one of the only few places in norfolk ( and only certian times of year) where you have road access.

I have a fancy ticket to prove that add on seats are NOT legal on the ice or access to the lake ...as far as by laws that's not correct.
What was the ticket for? When(year)? Act and Section/sub section?
Tickets don't prove nothing as far as legal.
Many tickets get thrown out due to the charges are not correct.
Did you fight it or just pay it?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks