parking @st.williams

JASON83

where can u park at st.williams to take quad out and how much for parking thanks

Solution
$5 in the field at the top of the hill. Just take the quad down.

I have to walk so I unload my stuff and partner at the edge of the water, drive up the hill to park and walk back while partner loads up the sled, then walk out. All the walking is a pain.

I really wish someone still offered ice taxi service. Hut rental is appealing just because you don't have to walk.

I have to walk so I unload my stuff and partner at the edge of the water, drive up the hill to park and walk back while partner loads up the sled, then walk out. All the walking is a pain.

I really wish someone still offered ice taxi service. Hut rental is appealing just because you don't have to walk.

Solution

well if i make it out and see anyone i will offer a ride thanks again

@stomp
0F39D411-7B2A-4C29-B78D-22BE2C9A4DA5.jpeg

Delete Old Man GIF

@JASON83

I realized afterwards that I gave some ill advice. I remember about 5 years ago OPP on the hill ticketing people for driving unregistered motor vehicles on a highway for taking their quads and sleds up or down the hill. I have no idea if they still do that but if you don't want to risk a ticket you can unload at the bottom of the hill, park at the top and walk back. If saving the walk is worth risking the ticket, well that's your call.

You used to be allowed to drive from the top of the hill down to the lake on your ATV or sled as long as it is licensed and insured and I think it is still the case (although trying to find it in the Norfolk by-laws seems almost impossible right now). It needs to be licensed and insured on the lake anyway so if you're legal you will be fine as long as you follow the rules on the road (i.e. no 2-up atv's etc....)

Last edited:
@Wildfire i forget exactly what it cost for me to register my side by side but it was around $50 or $80 get yourself ownership and plates, can drive on the side of many roads and highways so long as the municipality doesn’t have a bi law against it.

thanks guys my quad is licenced and insured and is a actual legel 2 up quad
From st William at 4 way to ice is legal. Only place in norfolk. If you have insurance and plate your fine however there is no such thing as a legal 2 up atv in Ontario for hiway use . Some trials are fine bu thre laws have not been updated. You can and will get a ticket for passengers on an atv. They were supposed to update last year but haven't heard if it passed. Males no sense but welcome to Ontario

From st William at 4 way to ice is legal. Only place in norfolk. If you have insurance and plate your fine however there is no such thing as a legal 2 up atv in Ontario for hiway use . Some trials are fine bu thre laws have not been updated. You can and will get a ticket for passengers on an atv. They were supposed to update last year but haven't heard if it passed. Males no sense but welcome to Ontario
ok thanks for the heads up

You are almost completely wrong about ATV's.
Yes there are legal 2-Ups, it changed a few years back under the HTA.
Never was a problem under the ORVA. Hell even "add a seats" are fine under the ORVA.

You are almost completely wrong about ATV's.
Yes there are legal 2-Ups, it changed a few years back under the HTA.
Never was a problem under the ORVA. Hell even "add a seats" are fine under the ORVA.
Incorrect. Like I said trail systems are different than hiway use. Under no circumstances is a add on seat suitable for a passenger for hiway use in Ontario under the law. You will get a ticket. As far as factory legal 2 up atvs they were NOT legal for roads use but suitable for trial use. Passengers had to get off before crossing a road . I did hear about the law on this being updated but I can't find where it states this. Rememer norfolk doesn't go by ontario laws and the by-laws here are much outdated. They still recognize a ORV like its 1990. The poc was pulled from the ministry's site .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209-205252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210209-205252_Chrome.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 18
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks