Nice

There's an old boys club?

Ok, I use to think the same thing. This is my second year hunting the unit. But I found out this year there's no "old boys club". Just a bunch of hunters who hunt there often and have gotten to know each other.

I put a lot of hunting hours in at the unit (I'm the guy with the little black car and the over sized brown lab). I decided this year I'd get the sustaining membership, which really helps for those days I can't make it down to line up, or want to get on the re-rent list, go scout geese for a Tuesday hunt, but hunt the unit Monday afternoon.

Anyhow, the more I went, the more I chatted with the other hunters. I found they were always willing to lend advice, and I even hunted with one of the "old boys" a couple times.

I don't have a boat (I have an ex-wife if anyone wants to trade for a boat.... [}:)] ), so I'm limited to the walkouts. And I'll admit, unless you have a trailer down there and can line up the day before, you're not getting #1 or #2 once the hunting picks up. And last season, I was lucky if I wasn't left with #3 or #4 to pick from. But I think I still averaged 3 ducks per hunt (I hunt alone mostly).

As for this board, I understand your frustration. But sometimes you have to just go hunting and take your chances.

quote:
Originally posted by Jello

There's an old boys club?

you have to just go hunting and take your chances.

well said thats what it's all about ..we get so caught up in the great hunts8D and when we have a bad one well it sucks.:(this year hasn't been to steller but i keep coming because of the good ones. heres to a great 2012 for everyone :D

TMan ; I've just returned from the cottage and as I've said we do not have a computer or internet connection there....which is just the way we like it.Heck, we just went for satillite TV this year ! No doubt when I retire down there I will have the ability to "connect" with any hunters questions and give them an up to date informed answer.

I fail to see as to where I was being a "bully" ? As for being a member of "The Old Boys Club" ? If by virtue that by being the son of a man who has hunted Long Point since 1947 [and still does at age 87] and myself at age 54 having 40 plus years of hunting the Point then I must plead guilty. True, I am a Sustaining Member of the LPWA and have been for quite a long time and believe in the good work that it does but if you were implying that I am or was a member of some "inner circle" then I suggest you find out more about me before making such slanderous statements.

sincerely;
Chris Kozak

Hello TMAN,

I knew that suggesting that OCLP was a member of "The Old Boys Club" was going to get you the response that you did.

Jerome

Hi Buddy,
I kind of figured it would also . In hindsight I apologize to all I have offended and especially mr oclp (Chris Kozak)I realize this thread has sparked another and I never intended so. In the beginning I was just looking for some help. Realize this season is over for me but will try again next year.

Endeavour to Persevere

No worries TMan !

I've been noted for being "thick skinned" as well as "thick headed" at times ? LoL ! Who knows maybe next year we'll take the leap into the internet world at the cottage and you can reach me directly oldcutlongpointer@hotmail.com

Might save you a long drive....or a walk ?

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks