MY SIDE OF THE STORY "OPENING MORN"

grass island

On the water by 4:45am running a little late. Headed to little rice to find people on the ball set up and waiting. So off to Jone's to see alot of signs like usual(5 signs and no one to befound 5:30) Waited till 30min before first shoot(still no one)parked between two signs that wouldn't work on a west wind. 10 min before first shoot buddy shows up yelling and screaming saying im not allowed to be there. First shoot comes and he is still in my spread,,,i offered twice a spot beside me just put out a few decoys the birds are flying. Still carring on i tell him if 5 boats show to match the signs i see i would leave. At this time 2 other boats showed up he went to them and hunted the other spots. 3 boats 5 signs and has the nerve to say im "unethical" r u kiddn me???????? so thats it in a nut shell. i've been hunting the bay for alot of years as well and have posted signs,,,some years it works,,,some years your sign gets pulled,,,and some years there are guys in "your spot" so you just move on......thats hunting!
Ended with 2 Blue wing (don't worry there's still a god)
And for the name calling,,, you caught me on a good day i wouldnt make that habit! quote from Forest Gump,,,,"THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT"

Nice to hear the other side:D

BD

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

oiy def nice to hear the other side, spot on actions by u if you ask me. usually the old saying holds true about somewhere in the middle is the truth. sonny come on this isnt a fine dining resturaunt you know your reservation isnt gaurenteed. its a damned shame that he had to get himself so worked up to admittedly flip on you. as far my verdict in internet msg board kangaroo court ......im going with the defendant in this thread ..grass island. not guilty in the charge of trespassing a posted opening day duck spot. the plaintiff will issue an apology to the accused and cover my court costs, most likely a beer will do it.;)

i hope the rest of the fall for you guys is safe and enjoyable.
congrats on the bluewings def my fav duck to eat next to a greenwing.

Come on sonny cant show up at that time of day and expect your spot with a stake how did the know you where even going to show. I also put a stake out but I was there at 445 to make sure it was still mine. Grass island not guilty

Sorry guys, pouching a guys spot is pouching a guys spot ! I have seen spots go vacant on Opening Day or guys show up late and I could only guess motor trouble or whatever. All I can say is you're lucky he didn't forget to take his meds that morning....it ain't pretty !

If everybody is entitled to stake out a spot for opener and stay in bed late why should everyone else who gets out on time have to go elsewhere on public land because of a stake?? I agree with Grass island and would have done the same thing. Nobody is entitled to "their spot" if its your spot I hope you own it.

Delhi, Ontario

hahahaha.
They had 5 signs out for 3 boats. Sounds like something someone from toronto would do. Then get mad because there spot was taken when they showed up 37 minutes before legal light.
Im going to go up north and put a sign on a bulls a$$ so everyone knows not to hunt him because I was there first 3 weeks before the season and plan on killin him at some point opening day on crown land.
And for the name calling part, thats just sad, grow up or get out of the marsh!!

I replied in full on the other thread "Donald " .As for being from Toronto what does that have to do with anything . I have hunted the Point before you were even in your father's wetdreams.Typical of younger people not respecting time honoured traditions or ridiculing them. You have a lot to learn about the world and people!Fine leadership from someone who is supposed to be leading our Waterfowl Association.

hahah i quit so I can piss off people like u and your brother. more fun to me then being on the board. You may have been hunting longer but that dont mean you know more about hunting there big fella. I dont need to learn nothing about people I know some are nice and some arnt you sir fall under the arnt section. If your a real man you know where my trailer is if you wanna talk over a beer one day gramps

That's very nice of you to invite us over for beers ! What kind do you usually buy......don't matter we'll just bring a powerful thirst so you better stock up ! LoL !

Wow I was thinking on going hunting on Saturday but a guy just might get shot if you end up in the wrong spot. Taditions are great but they have to used with appreciation of others. There are limited space out there so don't be greedy with your posting. So leave some space out there for the rest of us. 5 posted spots and 3 boats I think is the real problem.

The meaning of life? FISHING!!!

Hello Guys,

I have just read all the posts within the two (2) related threads.

I believe that the five (5) posts were set up with the intention of only hunting at post 2, post 3 and post 4 with the area around post 1 and post 5 being left vacant as a safety area to each side ... this would make sense.

I think that eveyone should read what "canvasback" wrote towards the end of the other thread. The CWS do not need any problems and one way to eliminate or to prevent problems from happening is to just ban waterfowling there all together.

I also think that perhaps we (as a group of dedicated sportsmen and sportswomen) could "formalize" the tradition of posting a sign along the CWS property "shoreline" and even register the spot prior to opening day.

I was not aware of any of this until this morning when I read these two (2) threads.

Sincerely,

Jerome

quote:
Originally posted by ship wrecked

hey donald when is the shindig would love to come i'll bring my own beer.

any friday night at the fire

Has anybody thought of just doing away with posting spots for their own use? Pretty crazy notion that just pounding a stake in sometime during the summer will guarantee a hunting spot. First come first served should be the reality.

Fishing4Play;

The issue was over the "tradition" of posting a spot for Opening Day and having someone not honour it. Of course there are those of the opinion that we should do away with "traditions" like; Christmas and Christmas trees/presents or singing our national anthem or pumpkin pie and turkey at Thanksgiving, Valentines Day etc.,etc..

Traditions are based on a historical or time honoured practice. If we do not "stand on guard for thee" then who ?

It is tradition, it is one day of the year and there are rules. (CWS says no posting before Labour Day). Works for me. Folks should show some respect for the tradition. On the other hand... one sign = one boat IMHO and you should show up at a reasonable time to lock down your spot. Tradition works well with a small dose of common sense.

BTW... I am a little surprised the clan didn't invite the new guy to join them. I don't buy the excuse provided and think someone got their back up. We should all play nice! Most days it seems a hunter's worst enemy is another hunter.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks