Muskie - North Shore - Tuesday, October 6th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
John (Canvasback) and I tried to fish the North Shore near Port Ryerse for SM Bass this morning. We were totally unsuccessful with the Bass but I did hook a real nice Muskie in about 18 fow. We didn't have a landing net capable of safely handling a fish of that size and he was too big and strong to handle by hand. I know because I tried several times. We estimate he was 45 or 46 inches long and well over 20 pounds. He eventually broke off. I was using 10 pound Nanofil and a 12 pound fluorocarbon leader and fishing with a small Flicker Shad.

Great way to wind down the season Arnold! How long until you 2 quit hearing each others heartbeat?

(n)Nice catch and an awesome picture Arn (y) . Catching something like that with bass fishing equipment puts up a challenge.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks