Off Topic Massive Insurance Increases

I'm still shopping after going through a couple of dozen providers but so far not liking the results. The crazy thing I have found some companies where the home insurance is half the price I'm paying now and others that are twice the price. Crazy!!!! 🤪 However the ones that have much cheaper home insurance also have much higher auto so I'm no farther ahead. I found one that may be positive to call on Monday. If that don't pan out, I give up it's making me dizzy. 😵 🥴

Hopefully the fishing starts soon Cannonball and good luck this season. :)
I found all the same results as you.. that’s why I ended up with TD they save me very little but was suppose to be much cheaper this year when the collision come off my auto
But then whammo! major increases squashed that

Home insurance went up to 3100 /yr from 1800. I laughed and walked. . Was told the normal now is to shop around for new insurance every yr. I am with Bellaire direct and pay 2500 bundled home and truck. CAA gave a good quote also, having membership helps. The ironic part is my old insurance company intact owns Bellaire direct. It's all a game. I shore fish now and charter when I can afford it( split with others). All other toys stay in storage/garage covered by home insurance. It's just too expensive anymore and I'm tired of paying.

On a side note.
Does anyone have title insurance to protect against fraud?
Call your company and find out.
Lots of scams going around.

My insurance company sent me a letter stating my insurance was going to have a theft premium added unless I added a brake lock, wheel lock or steering wheel lock and sent in pics to prove I have it. After the email was sent in I was told I’d received an updated statement, still haven’t gotten it! I drive a RAM, it was one of the 10 vehicles they had listed in the letter.

I'm still shopping after going through a couple of dozen providers but so far not liking the results. The crazy thing I have found some companies where the home insurance is half the price I'm paying now and others that are twice the price. Crazy!!!! 🤪 However the ones that have much cheaper home insurance also have much higher auto so I'm no farther ahead. I found one that may be positive to call on Monday. If that don't pan out, I give up it's making me dizzy. 😵 🥴

Hopefully the fishing starts soon Cannonball and good luck this season. :)
Give north Blenheim a call if you haven't already. My boat is tied to my house insurance and its fairly reasonable. Ive also noticed that bundling with companies would never save me money. I am with 3 different companies for 3 different things (home/boat, auto, ATVs)

My commercial insurance went up slightly, but they also doubled our liability coverage as per the new rules.

I just got off phone with insurance company and added ID theft coverage. It was 5 bucks a month extra. When they did a soft credit check, it actually lowered my insurance by 300 bucks a year . That phone call paid off. I now pay 109 bucks a month for home insurance.

@UncleAl... I just switched over to Onlia Insurance and saved a bundle on my home insurance. My renewal with Economical was going to be the same as yours at $109.35 a month but I got better coverage with Onlia at only $43.53 a month when bundled with auto. It pays to shop around.

@UncleAl... I just switched over to Onlia Insurance and saved a bundle on my home insurance. My renewal with Economical was going to be the same as yours at $109.35 a month but I got better coverage with Onlia at only $43.53 a month when bundled with auto. It pays to shop around.
That's a great price.
My renewal is July 1st.
I will be shopping around again.

I had Economical for over 40yrs till it came time to claim for the damage to my boat when it sank. took 7 months of battling to get the claim settled with me getting the shaft. Now with Aviva and saved over $600.00

careful with package deals with boat and home insurance, they wanted to cancel my home policy because I made a boat claim.

careful with package deals with boat and home insurance, they wanted to cancel my home policy because I made a boat claim.
Agreed best to keep that separate.
Plus you will get more coverage for less with a separate boat insurance package

Agreed best to keep that separate.
Plus you will get more coverage for less with a separate boat insurance package
I agree I went separate with Portside Marine Insurance a few years back and still happy. :)

I would like to have had them separate but my boat is too old for most companies to even consider

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks