Off Topic Massive Insurance Increases

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I just got my auto and home insurance which increased by 25%, another $680 more than last year. I have never seen an increase of that magnitude for a perfect driving record and zero claims on my house. The insurance companies are saying it's due to all the forest fires up north last year and the incredible increase of auto thefts and collisions. Some areas of the province they said will see as much as 40% increases. I shopped around and could not find any better rates, in fact only higher so I have no alternative but to stick with who I have now. Of course I also expect my boat insurance due at the end of April to also jump. (n):(

W O W ….. They get us coming & going, go fishing and for get it….. The BS never stops… HAG1 (Have A Good 1)

I just got my auto and home insurance which increased by 25%, another $680 more than last year. I have never seen an increase of that magnitude for a perfect driving record and zero claims on my house. The insurance companies are saying it's due to all the forest fires up north last year and the incredible increase of auto thefts and collisions. Some areas of the province they said will see as much as 40% increases. I shopped around and could not find any better rates, in fact only higher so I have no alternative but to stick with who I have now. Of course I also expect my boat insurance due at the end of April to also jump. (n):(
My home insurance same as 2023 My auto is lower than it has ever been Heartland insurance hope no surprises coming

Sounds like a BS explanation. forest fires and auto thefts are easy enough to understand. One isn’t really a problem in southern Ontario, and the other tends to affect specific models of vehicle (and maybe yours is one, I don’t know what your drive).

If you ask me, it has more to do with the prices of everything having gone up. That is- the cost to repair or replace your car and home have gone up 25% and so that’s why your insurance has too.

My Insurance Broker tried the same excuses last year. I did my own research and sent the quote to my broker and told her I will switch if they can not match. She ended up beating the quote I sent her.

same here.
when I signed up for TD last year after leaving Aviva due to increase's every year I had a small fender bender on my record which aviva forgave me for since it was my first one with them. TD told me this year when I renew it will be off my insurance record and my rates would be cheaper... well when I renewed not only was it not cheaper with the fender bender off the record the rate had actually gone up by nearly $100 per month!!!!
I called them out raged and ended up lessoning my coverage to bring it back close to what it was last year

WELL————- was that ” NDP - LIB - PC “ it always sounds good during the speech, but never happens….

WELL…. WAS that. “NDP - PC - LIB” they all seem to be full of the same stuff…..

Hi Wave Runner. I just got my 2024-renewal for my Boat Insurance from Portside Marine Ins. It went up 25$ for the year. I can handle that! As for my Home and Auto Ins. it's not due till Nov.1st. Can hardly wait for the attack to come!! I'm feeling your pain!

Hi Wave Runner. I just got my 2024-renewal for my Boat Insurance from Portside Marine Ins. It went up 25$ for the year. I can handle that! As for my Home and Auto Ins. it's not due till Nov.1st. Can hardly wait for the attack to come!! I'm feeling your pain!
I have Portside for my boat as well walleyeman. Yeah $25 I can handle too but $680 more for home and auto is ridiculous. :mad:

I.m with northstar no increase in mine wait to see if other ones go up in july

I raised my deductible to $5000 and it reduced the premiums by $250 a year. With the cost of things, what's really going to happen that I'd use insurance for that'd be less than $5000 anyways was my thinking.

You need to shop around if you’re a longstanding customer and got a 25% increase in one go, especially with a clean driving record and no property claims.

Our property, vehicles and toys went up a combined 3% more than last year. Renewals came in last week.

State farm pulled the same crap years ego on me , now I'm with a broker and gets me multiple quotes, $10 a month increase on my business insurance this year , boat stayed the same , car and home not due for a while
It's absolutely disgusting how the insurance world is , no loyalty to costumers, bullshit excuses and yet they make billions a year
Shop around Bob I'm sure you will find a better priced policy/ company

Wow, Wave Runner! Thanks for the heads up. Both of my policies should arrive soon. At least I’m now ready for the shock. You have done the the leg work. Not much sense wasting my energy looking into other companies.
Have a good fishing season!🚤🎣🐟

Wow, Wave Runner! Thanks for the heads up. Both of my policies should arrive soon. At least I’m now ready for the shock. You have done the the leg work. Not much sense wasting my energy looking into other companies.
Cannonball. ALWAYS shop around! Doesn't hurt you our the bank! These insurance companies love people/ clients that don't shop. This is called easy money for them! All its going to take is a couple of quotes- then you'll know. Don't give them an INCH!

I'm still shopping after going through a couple of dozen providers but so far not liking the results. The crazy thing I have found some companies where the home insurance is half the price I'm paying now and others that are twice the price. Crazy!!!! 🤪 However the ones that have much cheaper home insurance also have much higher auto so I'm no farther ahead. I found one that may be positive to call on Monday. If that don't pan out, I give up it's making me dizzy. 😵 🥴

Hopefully the fishing starts soon Cannonball and good luck this season. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks