Off Topic Massive Insurance Increases

What ever happened to the Government saying they were going to get our insurance rate down
Please don't start that talk, BC has provincially run insurance and my brother who lives out there says it's a mess. We shouldn't expect anything less when the "Government" steps in.

I'd shop around, my daughter and son-in-law had the same thing happen last fall. It took a lot of time on the phone dealing with a lot of dingdongs but she found a better rate. BTW, I'm 70 and my policy renewed Dec. 25 (I know. Merry Christmas), my rate went up $3 to $76/month. My home insurance with a downstairs apartment is just over $1K a year.

I just got off phone with insurance company and added ID theft coverage. It was 5 bucks a month extra. When they did a soft credit check, it actually lowered my insurance by 300 bucks a year . That phone call paid off. I now pay 109 bucks a month for home insurance.
Does that include the contents of your house as well?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks