LPWMU

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The Unit will be open Friday and Saturday December 6th and 7th at 7 am however Superintendent Anthony Rumleskie is telling us that hunting opportunities are extremely limited and very few birds are being harvested. With colder weather anticipated to return next week Unit operations may be suspended. A review of the situation is scheduled for Sunday December 8th. We will keep you posted on this site and recommend you call the Unit before heading down for future hunts.

Does this mean the Unit will be "closed", or is there a chance that it will go to the self-serve system that it operated on last year after Dec. 20? I understand that to pay the staff to not have anyone hunt is a poor economic choice, but the loss of an opportunity to hunt if the weather changes in the next two weeks also seems like a real loss.

Does this mean the Unit will be "closed", or is there a chance that it will go to the self-serve system that it operated on last year after Dec. 20? I understand that to pay the staff to not have anyone hunt is a poor economic choice, but the loss of an opportunity to hunt if the weather changes in the next two weeks also seems like a real loss.
We're not sure what all is driving the option to consider closing the Unit but the LPWA will definitely push for self serve at a minimum. It may be staffing with so few hunters but it may also be safety issues or both. The late season boating incidents this year and last were sure get government people pretty nervous and have them seriously consider due diligence.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks