LPWA 2013 Fund Raiser

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Al Gallagher introduced our 2013 Fund Raiser at Camo Day on September 14th. For a minimum donation of $100 to the Corn Fund donors will receive a "Duck Commander" hunting bag and a "Buck Commander" gun case with a retail value that can exceed their donation. There are currently about 30 left.

Hello Duck Soup,

I do not want to "high jack" this thread but I have a proposal to make.

I am on the Port Rowan Park Committee (2008 to 2013) and as you probably know the new park is a great spot to view the waterfowl utilizing the inner bay.

I obtained four prints (two from 2011 and two from 2012) from Wildlife Habitat Canada (WHC) for our Port Rowan Park fund raiser. A woman on our committee made the effort to have these four prints mounted and framed at an art studio in Simcoe but now nobody wants to organize a raffle or auction for them. Consequently we now have four brand new prints that have been double matted and framed (they are in their original carboard boxes from the art studio) along with four mint stamps and four brochures that I have been given permission to "unload" to cover our costs.

These four prints with mint stamps costs $195.00 and $8.50 each respectively plus HST (no cost to us as the WHC donated them to us) but we would need to recover at least $140.00 (certainly not more than $150.00) each to recover our cost of shipping and framing.

If it is appropriate to do so ... I would like to suggest a donation of $175.00 for each framed print with mint stamp and brochure (less than half price) with at least $25.00 being given back to the LPWA for the "corn fund". That could be a minimum of an additional $100.00 being generated for the LPWA "corn fund".

If this is not appropriate then I will remove this post immediately.

Jerome

Hi Jerome,
I'll copy and pass this on to Al Gallagher. Al's the LPWA fundraising chairman and given his business background knows a lot more than many of us about marketing and generating revenue from saleable items.

Hello Duck Soup,

I will appreciate your assistance with this.

I sent the LPWA Board of Directors an e-mail regarding another topic but the e-mail addresses that I had for Al and Glenn were no longer valid.

I talked to Al's dad at our gym last week and he confirmed that the e-mail address that I had for his son was outdated.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks