LPB july 27

sea star

1 eye and 3 bows landed. Did not have a touch between 08:30 and 11:30 then we had some hits. Lost 3 bows and also landed a few sheep and silver bass. Set up in 95 fow and headed north with the waves....wrong move....finally found fish a mile south west of our starting point. Good action from 11:30 until 2:15 when we pulled lines. Cores took a bunch of hits ....8 core had the eye. Even lost a bow on a flatlined redfin behind a board with no weight. Fish we hooked up were between 35-50 feet down for the most part. We had other depths covered where we saw marks but no takers. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the report Norv. Looks like the weather is going to keep us off the water for the next few days.

Nice to hear. Was there last week. Got three nice Bows. Like to get out sunday. May be Lake O day.

How was it out there Norv? I kinda wish I went out today because as DS mentioned, it is apparently going to get worse. Was aiming for Monday, but now calling for high winds. Have been in much worse.lol I guess I will continue to analyze & dissect the weather reports. lol

Thanks for the report

It wasn't too bad. I was in a boat a bit larger than mine today and it only felt bumpy when we were in the trough after noontime. I was getting used to running a bunch of different gear today so was not on the graph and wheel very much. After talking with a friend who was also out I may not have really missed the fish initially but just missed the timing.....they turned on for him after 11:00 also and he was close to where we headed after setting up....by then we had turned and gone well south. Big winds for a few days now......too bad.

Looks like the lake might settle down after this week Scott I will be trying out a couple evenings after work if she does

Norv, is that a hint that you got a new boat or trying out a new boat? lol

Yes Davey, all we can do is sit & wait our turn to conquer the backyard. Days are adding up since I've been out.

Back