Looking for info on the waterfowl unit conditions for tommorow? Anyone hunt Wednesday?

Pinchel

Looking for any and all helpful info. I know some of the inside blinds are froze over as previously stated just looking for a little more recent info before heading down in morning. Thanks

As of Wed....all of the inside blinds as well as all the outside blinds were frozen in. Hunters were using the walkouts with some success.
Big creek was open. Most of B zone was also frozen.

Photo of Coletta Bay on Wednesday November 19th provided by John Shields.

Hello Pinchel,

I saw two (2) guys in a small boat at the Big Creek boat launch heading upstream at 0910 hours on Wednesday morning as I drove over the bridge ... the creek was still wide open at that time.

However at about 1300 hours on Wednesday afternoon as I was returning home the creek was filling in with ice and an ice jam was forming just west of the bridge ... those guys were out of there by then from what I could tell.

On Thursday the creek and the boat launch continued to freeze over.

This morning at 0800 hours Big Creek and the boat launch was frozen over and remained so at 1300 hours.

I hope that helps you in your decision for tomorrow.

Jerome

Hello Guys,

The picture that Duck Soup posted is of the Port Rowan Harbour (showing the boat houses of the eastern section).

The boat launch is just beyond the last boat house seen at the right edge of the picture.

You can see just how much ice there is from the boat launch to the open water in the picture.

Jerome

PS The photo is taken from the new Port Rowan Park looking south towards Marina Shores located at the south end of Coletta Bay.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks