Looking For A Mentor

Sharky

Hi!

I am new to duck/goose hunting, and I am looking for a mentor to show me the tricks of the trade. I have recently joined the LPWA.

I would really appreciate any help that I could get.

Thanks

Greg

Greg Sarkisian

Hi Greg,
LPWMU Superintendent Anthony Rumleskie has indicated that he plans to introduce a program at the Waterfowl Unit this fall to initiate a system to have experienced waterfowlers mentor new hunters. No details yet but go ahead and use this reply as a reference to help push the program forward. The topic was a significant part of Anthony's presentation at the LPWA AGM in April.

Hello Sharky,

Here are a few things to consider:

1) Waterfowling is rough and tough on your body and on your gear.

2) No blind at the Long Point Waterfowl Management Unit is perfect.

3) Expect something to go "wrong" every day you go hunting and be prepared to adapt to the situation at hand.

4) Everytime that something goes "wrong" will add to your experience.

5) Learn to "laugh at yourself" because you are going to make mistakes.

Enjoy your day at the WMU whatever comes your way.

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.

One other point Buddy Boy forgot to tell you . No matter which way you are looking the ducks ALWAYS come from the other way --even when there are 2 hunters !!Have fun - we always do.If you are down around Long Point before the season starts drop by at the end of Old Cut Blvd. - Kozaks and we can pass some info and ideas on to you .

Call Long Point Provincial Park (519)586-2133 and ask to speak to him.
quote:
Originally posted by Sharky

LPWMU Superintendent Anthony Rumleskie- how do I get in touch with him?

Greg

Greg Sarkisian

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks