Long Point Old Boys Club -Secrets Revealled!

Cam

And that is exactly why anyone would take on a leadership role in any volunteer organization. Because they love it. In this case...the OBC is part of what you love. Great On Ya! Keep up the good work

The rest.....Be Honest is just killin ducks. No need for any of the nice parts of the organization to just go out and kill a duck. Trust Me..that part is relitively easy.

Gar

Hi SingleMalt , I have refrained from joining in this fray but feel I should try to elaborate on my brother's (OCLP) comments.By starting this whole thread you have unexpectedly opened up a HUGE can of worms and just when I thought everything at the Unit was going along nice . Obviously by the venom that has been spewed here there are some unhappy campers out there (minus the obvious one).OCLP felt that since you started all this and seem to be the only BOD besides Kicks who comments on this site regularly you shouldn't run and say I am not getting into a war of words here.Although we haven't hunted together I consider you more than an aquaintance and appreciate the work you and the other Directors do for the Unit and us other members as a whole .The comments made by several hunters who do not use the Unit regularly these days beg for answers from the BOD.I have maintained that the Unit is owned by the people of Ontario and felt that is why it was not right to take away the Friday evening hunting opportunity for the public just so a few hunters (top 15 picks ) might get 0.5 more ducks if that is actually a figure to be believed. But obviously there are bigger issues here when an independant outsider questions the integrity of the Board and transparency of the way the Board does things.Someone from the Board of Directors must present some type of rebuttle or others who read this thread will think that the silence is deafening.
While the LPWA does not run the Unit as mentioned it does have tremendous influence on decisions that are made affecting the Unit and the hunting there. We (LPWA) are safekeeping the marsh for future hunters to have a place to hunt not just a few lucky enough to put trailers there.A veteran of Long Point hunting and longtime LPWA member said to me last year that the day they allowed trailers to stay in the Park was the day the hunting there changed for the worse.While trailers produce a lot of revenue for the Park they seem to be a source of the constant issues that have been mentioned previously in this thread .Maybe it's time to a least turn back the clock to the "old days " where everyone is on equal footing again.
Hope to see my fellow hunters around the Unit sometime soon and good hunting !
Sonny K

Exactly the same way Tim, its just that anyone who wanted to stay in line overnight had to sleep in their truck. When the park allowed the trailers it allowed anyone with a trailer and was willing to pay for a space more comfort and obviously more convenient way to utilize the line-up.

Just for the record I don't have a trailer and the few times a year I use the line-up I still sleep in my truck.

Sonny, I know you and I see eye to eye on a lot. We are of similar age and hunt the same way. You know I agree with you on the (revised) Friday afternoon hunt proposal. However, part of being in a group is you don't always get what you want and some times you just have to accept that and continue to support the group for the greater good. I know you do that so I am not telling you anything.

My post that started this was a personal reflection on how I got started at the Point and how the place and the people has become such an important part of my life. I did "tongue in cheek" use the OBC as a theme as it had come up in other threads again. I did mention that early on I became a Director of LPWA but that was decades ago and I have been off and on the board several times since then.

It was after that first post that others identified me as a current board member, some in a kind way others attacking my judgement and integrity. I got sucked into responding and ended up listening to the same old bitter talk from the same people I have heard it from so many times before.

My reflection was personal and if I am not allowed to comment and participate on the forum personally I guess I will just stop doing so.

The Unit, the hunting and the people there mean a lot to me, this forum not that much. I can live without it.

I LOVE the last paragraph of your last post singlemalt!!!
I Could not have worded it any better myself
The unit is a place to be cherished and should never be taken for granted!
MNR could "pull the plug" on the whole operation if it becomes too much of a nuisance at any time
Hopefully they NEVER do
Ive never realized how much negativity some people have against such a awesome place such as the "unit"
OBC or not, what does it really matter???
If they like to keep to themselves & don't want to share any info, Just find out for yourself, that's what we did!
step back for a minute and think about that before you post again everyone

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

It's about time someone said it dicker!
Everytime I visited the unit it was an very enjoyable time!
Met some good friends there and shared lots of stories there
I too hope it is always there for generations to come
The one best piece of advise I could possibly add to this post is- if there seems to be a person there that doesn't seem to be a person that wants to try and help you out with blind info is....keep track of his blind choices and get there earlier then him next time!!!!!!!!!!! ( don't pay any attention to the # of birds that blind gets) just try it for yourself
Life is too short to give a rats a&@ about what other people think of you, just enjoy the time u have on this crazy ass rock

I promised myself I would stay out of this. But it is a public forum , and sometimes you just have to put in your two cents worth. I am a sustaining member , don't own a trailer ,don't do the morning line-up , don't get involved in the l.p.w.a club business. I only hunt afternoons ,and utilize the re-rent system ( I also try and show up on camo day ) . It works for me. I spent my first night in the line up in 1965 at the ripe old age of 15. myself and a few buddies did this for several year's . Great fun when you are a kid without a care in the world. I can't even remember if there were any trailers then , I don't think so (it was a great deal , they even loaned you 6 crappy foam decoys, if required ) . So for the next 35 years I don't recall ever having the time to line up for a duck hunt ( kid's ,job ,family etc. ) That is when I hunted the free Zone (Big and Little Rice Bay, when time permiited ) I started back hunting the unit in the early 2000's. The unit is great , with some of the best public waterfowl hunting in North America (maybe the world ) Every hunt does not produce a limit , but it always enjoyable , and affordable. It is self sustaining financially . Can it improve and make it more fair, and user friendly , I think so. I personally would favour a lottery system ,and making Friday a normal shooting hour day . Read Jello's post again ,he is right on the money. I was also a little offended by L.P.Gar's comment that if you aren't an active member of the o.b.c all you are is a duck killer. I am not a member , but I consider myself a Duck Hunter ! That entails a lot more than pulling the trigger . I also think that Big Dave crossed the line , but I always thought that from his previous post's that he was a straight shooter , so I think that he should get a free pass . Sometimes when you are completely frustrated with a situation s**t happens !

Pops

Sorry you have taken my comment out of context....For the Record I have never been a member of the LPWA or ever plan to be. I too utilized the unit in the distant Past even bought season passes. Hunted line up....reservation...re-rent....B-zone I have been to several LPWA annual meetings and sat in the crowd and listened. I have made constructive and thoughtful ideas for small changes that would make the LP Unit more enjoyable to Me and other Open water Bay Duck shooters. All have been not even considered for their merrit. I have not hunted the unit at all for the past 6 seasons but am impacted by the unit ever day of the season. I am not against the unit....I think it is a wonderful way of using the Marsh Resources the Crown owns. It produces a somewhat safe....controlled....and legal way for the public to get out and enjoy LP's waterfowl heritage.

My comment was.....If you aren't active and enjoying the sport for what it is... A life style choice...that produces a total experiance (read...OBC...campfires..comrodery) the rest is just killing ducks. And that part of the game is easy once you learn it. The true enjoyment is what takes the work.

The Unit itself...and the way it is administered is just one model of how it could be run. Other examples that I have enjoyed are Hullet....Rondeau....Calton....Fingal....Aylmer....Seen some in North Carolina...Alabama.... and they all work for the area they are in. Many for almost as long as the Long Point Unit. And most provide pleasure to those who use them.

Ask yourself....how would you handle this and you will understand some of what I said. Your non-hunting(not anti-hunting) neighbour in a leaning on a rake conversation askes..."how can I stop the shooting 250yrds from my bedroom window every morning?? It is really bothering Me".

Your answer is key....to helping keep the tradition alive.

Gar

I for one am not attacking anyone personally and Cam please know that Sir, but something needs to be done and it's long overdue I might add to Archers comment that this is for the Future of the Public Marsh and the new people that will be managing it when we are too old and long gone to enjoy it. You also know Cam and everyone else sitting back reading this too afraid too say anything that there are Many people who love this marsh the same as everyone, but they have left to Never return...good people and dedicated waterfowlers with offspring that may never feel the love that we all do because their spiteful parents never brought them down here..

As I said earlier there are many Campfires burning (in more ways than one)and continue to burn around SW Ontario where the feelings of this marsh and how it's been run are negative and the time for a change is now..Please Cam, and I will say it again, this isn't a personal bashing, but for the future of this Public Marsh, address these issues rather than say, "it's the same few people whining", turn tail and run hoping it will go away..Those same few people whining are the ones that can't understand why you turn a blind eye to these legitimate issues..
Please note also, I'm not saying Sir that you are or ever have been involved in some of the dishonest antics that take place regularly, but it does happen whether you choose to admit it or not publicly..

Bring in a Lottery for the marsh the same as Rondeau has and make it fair for everyone, and you will see the numbers increase and those old faces return to hunt Long Point once again..

Respectfully, Ernie

Men are from mars, women from Visa

I made a mistake last time I brought up the issue of a Lottery. I brought it up to the LPWA. Cam was right it will take a large number of supporters to make changes but those numbers are out there.

We need to work in the PUBLIC and make the Long Point Waterfowl Unit friendly and available for ALL.

BD
fishhunt1@hotmail.com

Sometimes it is best to leave a sleeping dog sleep

First; I agree with my brother(SoonyUpHi) 99.9 %....Hey he's my older bro and I have to leave something to argue over ? LoL !

Second; The so called "venom" does carry some weight and therefore is an issue that is not only a concern to the Unit and the LPWA/OFAH organizations but the general public as well. If change is the only constant in the universe then we best be ready for it and greet it with an open mind.

Third; Although irked by being called a "member of the Old Boys Club" and knowing full well as to "which" "Old Boys Club" I was being classed in.....I took it with a pinch of salt and actually enjoyed Singlemalts post in reference to it and his slant on it.I have always believed in what the Association stands for and heap praise on those who undertake selfless act of of ensuring it but I will not suffer those that work within to their own gain.

Last; I too "will agree to disagree" and look forward to the challanges that the future may hold by offering my opnion ie; prosposals and do so in a fair manner.

Chris Kozak
Sustaining Member
And depending "what" Old boys Club you mean....a member of that too !

As an outsider it surprises me that the BOD would not have any interest in this board. I own a business and the thoughts, concerns and suggestions of my clients is what I use as feedback to better my service to them and attract new clients. So if the BOD is interested in increasing hunter activity why not use this avenue of free communication to do so. Long Point is a great place to hunt. Haven't been for many years now, for many reasons. Am going to make a point of going down next year as a public hunter using a public marsh. I personally feel that Long Point has such great potential to be the premier public hunting ground in the province if not country. However it is such a big secret and it seems others just want it to stay that way. Again I am an outsider and if any fellow hunters I mention it to have even heard of it their first response is negative basically because that is what they were told. So the reputation of the OBC is out there whether you want to admit it or not, and it's turning people away from the marsh. Now if that is what the majority want then so be it but if change and growth is wanted then the BOD need to do what they are seemingly elected to do.
I have seen so many good debates and strong points but it all seems like alot of farting and no sh@#

I realize I am only PUBLIC PEOPLE and not a LPWA "member" and because of this my opinion likely doesn't matter to most here. I would just like to note that I am a member in good standing with FOH(friends of Hullett), OFAH and DU . I have faith in these groups which is why I support them . After reading the disinterest of the BOD I know it will be a long time before I sign up to be a member.

Endeavour to Persevere

Hello Guys,

I am writing in response to several comments that have been made since my post of December 13, 2011.

I will be respectful regarding everyone within the LPWA and the LPWMU but I have to admit that much of what that has been stated within this thread so far has some truth to it from my personal perspective. However having said that I also believe that much of what that has been stated could have been presented in a more respectful fashion.

The citing of my recent (2004 to 2011) experiences with the LPWA and at the LPWMU may not be easily or readily accepted but should the truth be accepted then one must realize that what others have stated within this thread so far must be taken seriously.

I joined the LPWA in January of 2005 after having moved to Port Rowan in October of 2004 from Mississauga with the hope of contributing to Long Point with what I had experienced and learned at Presqu'ile.

I previously stated that I originally started waterfowl hunting at Long Point in 1978 and that I also hunted at Presqu'ile subsequent to my initial hunt at Long Point. Since I had faired better at Presqu'ile over Long Point both in blind selection as well as in ducks bagged I eventually started waterfowl hunting exclusively at Presqu'ile from 1987 to 2003 inclusive.

However when it came to making a decision as to where I would spend my retirement years I selected the town of Port Rowan next to Long Point over the town of Brighton next to Presqu'ile for reasons beyond the scope of this response.

Although I continued working and living in the Brampton/Mississauga area during the week until June of 2007 my weekends were spent in Port Rowan and all subsequent waterfowl hunting was conducted at Long Point.

I meet Chris Kozak (OCLP) at Long Point during the fall of 2004 and he welcomed me to Long Point inviting me to join the LPWA. I also met a few other gentlemen in the line up at the LPWMU that year and although I may have felt like a "stranger" in a new place I never felt treated like an "outsider" by anyone.

I joined the LPWA in January of 2005 as previously stated and I have attended our Annual General Meeting every year learning a little bit more about the LPWA each year.

Since I was still working full time for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) with additional overtime and other responsibilities as a member of the Veterinary Medicine Group's National Executive as well as holding other positions I was unable to devote any additional time to the LPWA. However I did provide additional financial support to the LPWA in the form of a lump sum donation in 2007 and I arranged a substantial donation of chicken product from Maple Lodge Farms management to the LPWA fund raising dinner of 2007.

I prepared a proposal regarding the potential introduction of a "self serve" system for the Long Point line up as it worked very well at Presqu'ile (which had also been operating with the co-operation of the OFAH for quite some time) and presented it to the LPWA Board of Directors for consideration in 2008. The "self serve" system at Long Point would only have been during the week later in the season (when the number of hunters drop off) and would not include Saturdays. Hunters at the LPWMU would still be able to camp in their trailers within the park after registering for the next day's hunt in the "self serve" system like at Presqu'ile.

I received a rather abrupt rejection from the President of the LPWA stating that the "self serve" system would never work at Long Point and the reasons why it would not work. The main reasons against a "self serve" system were 1) Long Point was larger than Presqu'ile and 2) the number of waterfowlers at Long Point was greater than at Presqu'ile. Although these reasons could be valid concerns regarding the implementation of a "self serve" system at Long Point early in the season they would not be later in the season. I felt that my proposal was just rejected as "not valid" without due consideration ... no discussion ... no questions ... just no way!

After that experience I realized that new ideas were probably not welcomed by the LPWA Board of Directors and I accepted the fact that I should probably not bring new ideas "to the table" for further consideration.

I was then contacted by both Dave Warnica (Big Dave) and Chris Kozak (OCLP) early in 2010 regarding a "lottery" system at Long Point (for Saturdays only) to give the "working man" a fair opportunity to hunt the "good" blinds. I was specifically asked to assist in the wording of their proposal that was to be presented at the next LPWA Annual General Meeting in April. A member of the Board of Directors, having read their draft proposal, also requested that I assist them with the wording of their final proposal which lead me to believe that perhaps there was some acceptance of this idea.

What happened after that is history and beyond the scope of this response other than to say that it confirmed to me that new ideas were definitely not welcomed by the LPWA Board of Directors.

I believe that sometimes some people may become "over protective" of "their" traditional system and that may lead to some indiscretions on their part as was obviously the case with the LPWA early in 2010.

I also agree with what has already been stated that an individual having resigned for his indiscretion probably should not have been nominated and re-elected back into his former position immediately after submitting his resignation ... the "optics" are poor! This reminded me of the Sheila Copps fiasco regarding her federal election pledge to resign if Jean Chretien failed to scrape the GST after he was elected as the Prime Minister ... she eventually resigned her Liberal seat in Parliament following public criticism only to run again as the Liberal candidate and be re-elected in a subsequent by-election.

Having said that I personally do not hold a grudge against the individual involved but I do understand the feelings being expressed by others within this thread. However he was nominated and re-elected by a democratic process and if we did not have a democratic process then there would be complaints about the lack of a democratic process.

I was disappointed that another member of the Board of Directors would tell me a few days after the Annual General Meeting that I did not belong in Long Point when he saw me entering a commercial establishment in Long Point. Emotions were probably a factor in the decision to make this remark and I again do not hold a grudge against the individual involved.

I recall that Dr. Dave Ankney was going to present a proposal to the Canadian Wildlife Service (CWS) in September of 2010 to increase the daily limits on Canvasbacks and Redheads and he requested letters of support from the LPWA membership. When I prepared my letter of support I also telephoned Mr. J. Hughes (Head of Population Management, CWS) to discuss my letter of support. He advised me that he had not received Dr. Dave Ankney's proposal but stated that he would accept my letter of support as a proposal in itself. I declined his suggestion requesting that he wait until Dr. Dave Ankney had a chance to present his proposal directly to him. I then contacted Dr. Dave Ankney and advised him accordingly.

A copy of a letter of support from the President of the LPWA to Dr. Dave Ankney's proposal was almost immediately posted on Channel 68 ... providing hardly any time for the Board of Directors to discuss his proposal among themselves.

I subsequently presented proposals to the CWS in September and October of 2010 to a) introduce a Mourning Dove harvest, b) introduce an earlier start to the southern waterfowl season, c) introduce a Tundra Swan harvest and d) remove Mute Swans from the list of protected species. All four (4) of these proposals had originated from direct discussions with Long Point Waterfowl during which three (3) of these proposals were suggested to me and subsequently followed by repeated encouragement to proceed with the three (3) proposals. Despite this fact I received no letter of support from the LPWA Board of Directors regarding any of these four (4) proposals.

When I requested an explanation for the lack of support regarding my four (4) proposals from the LPWA Board of Directors I was told that my Mourning Dove proposal did not fall within the LPWA mandate.

A prominent waterfowl biologist then requested that I prepare a proposal to the CWS early in 2011 for Waterfowl Heritage Days to be implemented in the Province of Ontario for new waterfowl hunters because the CWS was apparently receptive to the idea and Delta Waterfowl, Ducks Unlimited Canada, Ministry of Natural Resources and the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters were supportive of the idea but none of these organizations had submitted any letters of support. It was believed that if I would submit a proposal to the CWS then it would serve as a catalyst to obtain these letters of support from the various organizations. This is documented within a series of e-mails that I have kept on file.

Despite the fact that the LPWA hold waterfowl youth hunts annually I received no letter of support from the LPWA Board of Directors regarding this latest proposal of mine.

I did appreciate the opportunity to present my Tundra Swan proposal to the LPWA membership at the LPWA Annual General Meeting in April of 2011 but I did not appreciate what followed my presentation. The question and answer period was terminated with the delivery of Dr. Mike Schummer's presentation of the Long Point Waterfowl's position regarding my Tundra Swan proposal.

Consequently the LPWA membership did not have an opportunity to question Dr. Mike Schummer about his presentation and therefore this appeared to be a deliberate "underhanded" tactic by the President of the LPWA not to give my proposal a fair chance. I also noticed that Dr. Mike Schummer (who was sitting in the center of the front row of seats) had raised his hand during the early portion of the question and answer period and that he had to wait until he was the last individual to "ask a question" about my presentation.

I did however subsequently receive comments within the comments section of my Tundra Swan survey, by e-mail as well as by telephone following the LPWA Annual General Meeting from a few individuals who also believed that this tactic was not fair. In fact a very "heated" e-mail exchange followed during the days that followed whereby it was confirmed that the LPWA Board of Directors had requested that Long Point Waterfowl provide a response to my Tundra Swan proposal at the LPWA Annual General Meeting.

I believe that this fact should have been made very clear prior to my Tundra Swan presentation at the LPWA Annual General Meeting and that Dr. Mike Schummer's response should have followed my presentation with the question and answer period following his response.

It should be noted here that the LPWA membership had previously sponsored ($1,000.00) the satellite tracking of one Tundra Swan (a migratory game bird species) during a Long Point Waterfowl research study back in the late 1990s as did a number of other hunting as well as non-hunting organizations.

It should also be noted here that two LPWA members informed me after the LPWA Annual General Meeting that many Tundra Swans were shot by the Long Point Waterfowl staff during a research project several years ago and consequently they questioned Dr. Mike Schummer's presentation. I realized the difference between the "collecting" of specimens for a research project and a recreational harvest however there was no public "outcry" against the shooting of these Tundra Swans as far as I was aware. Several weeks later another gentleman informed me that the number of Tundra Swans "collected" was significant ... a few hundred in fact were "collected" for that research project.

As for the consumption of alcohol I have not seen any overt consumption of alcohol withing the park except for the odd beer can that I have picked up around the blinds along with empty hulls. However in one instance I picked up five (5) empty beer cans and the plastic six ring holder so I looked around for the sixth empty beer can and I found a full beer can that had fallen between the floor boards of the blind. I brought this to the attention of the LPWMU staff and Fred subsequently told me that he had determined who were involved as he had found additional empty beer cans (same brand and size) inside their boat and that he had talked to them about it. I have not seen this happen again.

Finally on December 14, 2011 while waiting in the LPWMU line up I noticed that there was nobody in or near the first vehicle since I had arrived. Furthermore when the LPWMU officer arrived to hand out the registration cards he requested the second individual in the line up to place the first registration card on the first vehicle's windshield. I was third in the line up and I heard this request personally. After we had all registered there was still nobody in or near that first vehicle so it must have just been parked there to "save" a spot in the line up. I have personally witnessed this happening on at least two (2) other occassions while in the LPWMU line up since 2004. However most of the time I would be way down in the line up so I could not witness this very often.

I do not want to add any fuel to the fires that are currently burning but neither do I want to pour cold water on those who feel oppressed by the current system.

Dave Warnica (Big Dave) has always been a "straight shooter" with me and consequently I have no reason to doubt anything that he has stated within this thread. Furthermore he has previously told me much of it before privately when he was not upset so I do not think that any of it was made up in the "heat of the moment".

I have previously stated that I believe that we all have something to contribute to the LPWA as well as to the LPWMU and hopefully we can learn to accept everyone into the "Old Boys Club".

Speaking of which ... on Monday I was talking to a non-hunter at our health club and he told me that he had heard that the LPWMU was "runned" by an "Old Boys Club" which prompted a corrective response from me.

In closing I believe that it would be prudent for the LPWA Board of Directors to consider and to re-consider all options to improve the recruitment of new waterfowlers to the LPWA as well as to the LPWMU.

All the very best to all of you during this Christmas Season and may the New Year bring us all closer together as we move forward with our love of the outdoors ... Long Point in particular!

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.

Great post Jerome !! They don't want you in Long Point because you know the truth and they don't like that..

So you see Cam (and the rest of the BOD) the general public has their own sour feelings about what the OBC is "all about"..

Now that more of the "truth" has been revealed yet again, surely you or one of the other fine upstanding people from the BOD following this will stand up for the organization you are so proud to publically represent and respond with something positive for the better of the marsh and quit hiding..You are suppose to be representing the Public, not your best interests, and we all know the time for change is Long Overdue..It's Now..

Merry Christmas..

Ernie

Once again, and for the final time, I will try and make the point that the post that started this whole thing was just me talking personally about my experience at the point, and somewhat tongue in cheek. I have received some very nice comments on this forum and some phone calls and emails which have also been universally positive. However, on this forum I have also received criticism from others, some quite nasty, calling into question my ethics, my motives and my efforts. It has made me reevaluate if I "personally" want to take part in this anymore.

I had no intention of speaking for the BOD in my original post I was speaking as Cam. As other posters have said it is important for the BOD to be receptive first to the ideas and suggestions of the members of the LPWA but also to all those who hunt, or want to hunt in the unit. However, this is not a business. We do what we can on a volunteer basis so the time I spend on this is time I could be earning money, with my family, or hunting, or fishing.

I have never ignored a conversation, a phone call or an email from anyone who has contacted me about the unit. However, I don't see it as my responsibility to respond to every angry remark or criticism from often anonymous posters, some with an ax to grind, some in who knows what level of intoxication who choose to throw something up here.

The LPWA has an email address lpwa@kwic.com and all emails received are reviewed at BOD meetings. Anyone also has the option of sending me personally a PM through this site. I have never failed to respond to such. I may not agree with your point of view but I will listen and I will respond.

Good bye!

Jerome that was me in first spot on December 14, I didnt change my alarm from my normal time I get up for work. So dont just assume cause you dont know the truth. Maybe this is why noone supported your stuff, cause apparently you just make stuff up.
You guys say the old boys dont want things changed come talk to me or kyle if you want a youth perspective on things, we both work full time and hunt as much as possible, and Kyle a guide that helps run the most productive marsh in the long point area. and ernie we to have won calling championships, guided, shot for team canada, hunted all over north america but that dosnt mean we know what were talking about, so unless thats your way of bragging I dont understand why you always bring it up.

Donald: the Only reason I mentioned about my titles and my hunting experience was simply to indicate that I'm certainly not new to this game and I'd be willing to bet I've been chasing ducks and geese twice as long as you've been alive...Because Kyle guides for the company that's wonderful and I too had the chance to guide for them and the bluffs, but until you've done it for a few years every day in the fall, let me tell you it takes the fun out of it.

For the record Donald, I don't feel I'm any better than the next person, I love the game the same as the rest, but too many times, I've heard from people of the OBC, you pay your dues, put in your time and you will be rewarded..I've put my time into this sport Donald yet never reaped the rewards of the line up as some have because I have to work 40 -50 hrs per week...that was my only point in mentioning..

So its not others fault that they got good jobs that they can take the time off to hunt. You know just as well as I do the pick dont matter. I went to blind 11 this year on a sunny calm day and me and kyle shot 12 mallards. that blind was rented what maybe 12 times, I seen B1 this year with 100 ducks in it from the road and noone hunted it for a long time and the birds werent using it anymore when someone did. If you scout down there you will find little holes that you can be last pick and do good

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks