Lockdown

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Went out and got some ice fishing stuff, not sure about how long this lockdown going to be, don’t want the stress and hassle about getting gear when the ice comes.

I know you can't get everything from it, but Amazon is my friend.

Three packages arrived today, another four yet to come....... For now. :)

Thank goodness by the time Canada post get something to you lockdown be over
They've been surprisingly efficient with some stuff I've ordered. USPS and CP work surprisingly really well together.

Had a bit of an "Oh no" moment today. Something coming from Texas is via DHL which I figured was Customs fees etc additional. :eek:

Apparently not and no signature required. Woohoo! 😁

They've been surprisingly efficient with some stuff I've ordered. USPS and CP work surprisingly really well together.

Had a bit of an "Oh no" moment today. Something coming from Texas is via DHL which I figured was Customs fees etc additional. :eek:

I order some hats for Black Friday deal for Christmas presents
I don’t think I’ll get them in time.
They were shipped from Louisville KY Nov 30th got to the border December 11th, haven’t got a scan since then.

Sad to say but a lot of local small business sell China crap too
But for sure want to support local wherever possible

Dhl also sends collections after delivery.

Trying to think what else I might want to do between Boxing Day, and I’m guessing this Lockdown goes on until April
I know they are saying January whatever I don’t believe it. Be like last time get you to buy into a few weeks so when they go and delay it a couple more weeks people aren’t losing their minds as much

wondering if I should be buying my Turkey loads.. and stuff I might want to get before launching the boat in the spring

Be like last time get you to buy into a few weeks so when they go and delay it a couple more weeks people aren’t losing their minds as much
Far from the last time.
Last time they shutdown the auto parts factory I work at.
Now we are essential workers.
There was no way Ford would venture in shutting down the auto industry.

Far from the last time.
Last time they shutdown the auto parts factory I work at.
Now we are essential workers.
There was no way Ford would venture in shutting down the auto industry.
Sorry I meant the way the roll it out, tell you be X amount of days
Right before it set to expire the extend another X amount of days
Carry on until numbers are where they think it’s safe

I went out and bought 4 cases of Busch Lite. Made in London. I don't ICE FISH.
busch beer reach for a cold one GIF by Busch

I know you can't get everything from it, but Amazon is my friend.

Three packages arrived today, another four yet to come....... For now. :)
FYI amazon warehouse in Toronto has a 400 person breakout. Disinfect those packages and be ready for a slow down in delivery. I’m getting delivery estimates into mid Jan now.
on the other hand buying from the EU atm is surprisingly inexpensive and 5 day shipping .... mean while I’ve got 2 packages from the states In the wind via usps since mid November.

Trying to think what else I might want to do between Boxing Day, and
Well......from the end of Sept until about mid April anyways you could always do what I always do....and hibernate.

"Hibernation" does have it's advantages, but it also has that one big disadvantage, the "boss lady" has ALL kinds of time to think up "new and exciting" things to throw on those early spring "honey do" lists. :nailbiting::banghead::ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks