Lockdown

Well......from the end of Sept until about mid April anyways you could always do what I always do....and hibernate.

"Hibernation" does have it's advantages, but it also has that one big disadvantage, the "boss lady" has ALL kinds of time to think up "new and exciting" things to throw on those early spring "honey do" lists. :nailbiting::banghead::ROFLMAO:
Sounds great!
hibernation would be nice aslong as when I woke up this whole covid bs was just a. Nightmare!
I imagine honey do lists still require soemthing from the hardware store
I don’t even want to mess with this curb side pick up non sense

Whatever happened to supporting local small business
Sad to say but anymore the ct tsc home hardware do not keep much for stock hey but we can get it for you is their answer and when a sale comes up be there first day of sale and maybe you will get what your after or a rain check sad I know they cannot afford to keep extra stock I support most smaller stores in Port Rowan People that are my neighbours but the bigger box store's I don't care amazon on my door step at a lower price sad but true dog eat dog world for the big guy's

Amazon is killing our small businesses. I only use it for things I can`t get in my town, or that I`d have to drive hours to buy,
Whatever happened to supporting local small business

Local small business gets a :poop: load of my after tax $$$ and will continue to do so in the future.

I don't do lines, and I don't take, "No we don't have any in stock, we don't know if we'll get any next shipment, and no I can't order you one either" as acceptable.

What, when, and why I buy what I do on Amazon is without guilt. If you can't get me what I want, when I require it, you don't have my business.

FYI amazon warehouse in Toronto has a 400 person breakout. Disinfect those packages and be ready for a slow down in delivery. I’m getting delivery estimates into mid Jan now.
on the other hand buying from the EU atm is surprisingly inexpensive and 5 day shipping .... mean while I’ve got 2 packages from the states In the wind via usps since mid November.

Amazon isn't alone in this.

The Wife and I ordered new glasses from a, wait for it "LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS". Got a call a few days back, "Your glasses are delayed at least two weeks, the lab has a COVID outbreak.

You think none of our food hasn't had someone with COVID snot on it? With the number of infections in processing plants, anything is possible.

Gee, I hope my supply of fish makes it to vaccine distribution, I know its processing history.

I guess smaller bites and more chewing is the way to go.

Last edited:
For me Amazon has replaced Wal-Mart. Not a single tear shed.

Local small business gets a :poop: load of my after tax $$$ and will continue to do so in the future.

I don't do lines, and I don't take, "No we don't have any in stock, we don't know if we'll get any next shipment, and no I can't order you one either" as acceptable.

What, when, and why I buy what I do on Amazon is without guilt. If you can't get me what I want, when I require it, you don't have my business.

Whatever makes you happy. I’ve been able to source plenty of things locally without much in the way of supply problems, and only resorted to amazon for a few items. While my Wife still likes the Walmart, we have cut down our purchase substantially in the last couple of years/. I don’t want to see the day when everything we own comes from Walmart, amazon and (insert giant retailer here). Me, I’d like to keep my options open so I try and buy from the local businesses when possible. I don’t need to squeeze every nickel out of a deal. Your mileage may vary, Merry Christmas!

Amazon isn't alone in this.

The Wife and I ordered new glasses from a, wait for it "LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS". Got a call a few days back, "Your glasses are delayed at least two weeks, the lab has a COVID outbreak.

You think none of our food hasn't had someone with COVID snot on it? With the number of infections in processing plants, anything is possible.

Gee, I hope my supply of fish makes it to vaccine distribution, I know its processing history.

I guess smaller bites and more chewing is the way to go.
I just leave my Amazon boxes on the driveway dump a jug of bleach on them then pressure wash them in the house when dry no big deal

I just leave my Amazon boxes on the driveway dump a jug of bleach on them then pressure wash them in the house when dry no big deal

Wow.... that’s a pretty serious process. All this time I’ve just been washing my hands after handling something lol.

Wow.... that’s a pretty serious process. All this time I’ve just been washing my hands after handling something lol.
LOL I do that now, but at the beginning I was disinfecting anything with smooth glossy or hard surface that was to go into the house. Had a disinfection station setup in the garage... I may die of disinfectant but we didn't catch the WuFlu!

So the wife orders a new battery for her dads watch and a set of cricket pens off Amazon.. the box came today.. no battery or pens.. a tube of lube and a vibrator. Happy New Years to me! I get to sleep!
Could of at least had batteries for the vibrator included

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks