Lake simcoe

No parking issues the guy that runs snake island runs the ferry in summer! $8 to park right at his shop if u don't get hut from him! Access is right across road!

To anyone heading up to Simcoe shores, parking is a "big sensitive issue" up there. There has been a lot of political fuss about it in the last few years. You pretty well have to park on off the road land like a hut providers ground. Where we stayed at the Penninsula Resort Motel the owner charges ten dollars to park for non staying guests. Can't blame them, can you. Huron

Tap on the address below for rates etc. I don't know if he has any special deal for kids with adults. They will move you around to a different hut if you ask them. If you go tell them Peter from Waterloo and Ed from Stratford sent you. I think I put his kids through college for the number of years we stayed there! LOL! Huron.

http://www.peninsularesort.net/Ice_Fishing.html

Hey @Huron can you tell me what they transport you in when going to and from the huts and if it's heated or not? Thanks.

Hi whitetailhunter, most of the time they take you out in an old bombardier vehicle which is not heataed and rough riding. When we were there this last time the owner took us out in his newer heated truck. It's a short two km drive off shore to the huts. Huron.

Here's a pic of the vechicle we drive out in most of the times . It's not exactly cadillac ride but it's just a two km drive to the huts. Huron.

Attachments

• orange bombardier1.jpg
    orange bombardier1.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 17
Here's a pic of the vechicle we drive out in most of the times . It's not exactly cadillac ride but it's just a two km drive to the huts. Huron.

Thanks @Huron, it still beats walking and at least your out of the wind. I appreciate your reply.

Back