Lake simcoe

Ballzdeep

Any recommendations on who use use for huts? Want to perch fish there Friday! Thanks

Mite want to try Steve"s Fish Huts in Pefferlaw. I found it hit and miss in Cooks for good size.
Virginia Beach can be good at times.
Just saying.

My experiance has shown me that the open lake is superior to cooks bay. Especially this year based on reports from freinds who have been up.

If there is an operator that runs huts on the lake vs cooks bay, I would go that route.

Let us know how you make out..

Any recommendations on who use use for huts? Want to perch fish there Friday! Thanks
We usually go to Steve's Fish Huts in Pefferlaw. You could also try Gilford Yellow Huts for perch. We went up to Steves last Sat. for lakers and nobody was catching any. The perch were slow as well. Hope you have better luck.

Well decided to go with snake island huts in Georgina and we weren't disappointed! The guys were great! We started out in one spot caught about 30 then they moved their huts and the action was non stop! We caught a couple hundred I bet! Took home 50+

Hi guys, was up at Lake Simcoe for the last two and a half days. We stayed at the Penninsula resort Inn at Pefferlaw and used their ice fishing hut services. Package deal includes motel, meals, drives out to the huts, minnows etc. We were out about a km from shore at 30 feet depth. It was so convenient to just pack the car so close to the lake and we had a good time but the perch were not biting. We only only took home about 20 keepers. I'd stick to Lake Erie honestly.

Hi guys, was up at Lake Simcoe for the last two and a half days. We stayed at the Penninsula resort Inn at Pefferlaw and used their ice fishing hut services. Package deal includes motel, meals, drives out to the huts, minnows etc. We were out about a km from shore at 30 feet depth. It was so convenient to just pack the car so close to the lake and we had a good time but the perch were not biting. We only only took home about 20 keepers. I'd stick to Lake Erie honestly.

2o keepers after 2 1/2 days on Simcoe? Were you even using hooks or just pulling them up as they held onto the minnow? :D:p

I have the exact opposite opinion and consider Long Point to be a joke compared to Simcoe in regards to numbers and size of perch during the ice season. On LPB it seems like an impossible feat to bring home a limit of 10"+ fish where on Simcoe it's nearly impossible to come home without a limit of bigger fish and an "off" day on Simcoe still produces far more perch than a good day on LPB. I've been heading to Simcoe for the last 10 years making 5-8 trips every winter and can only think of a few trips where I struggled to catch a limit of 10"+ fish. Catching literally a few hundred fish a day is the norm and on many occasions I find myself throwing back 10" fish because there are so many 11-12" fish around . LPB on the other hand, I can only think of a few trips when I actually caught more than a few dozen keepers.

To anyone who is heading up to Simcoe, stay away from Cooks Bay if you want bigger fish as the big bay is considered the perch nursery and is full of small fish. You may have the odd good day, but the majority of the time Cooks results in small fish. The lake is very clear and sight fishing in 25ft is normal which means light fluorocarbon line is a must, especially when the fish aren't aggressive.

I almost always head to the east side of the lake and fish 25-50 ft of water. Small jigging spoons with dropper chains are an absolute must and the biggest fish come on days when I can manage to find some 3" minnows. ;)

Thats a good spot Snake Island but some times if you move in 25',20' FTW you can get on them.
Thats whats nice about having a portable you can move after 5 mins.
Keep movin till you find them. As for Simcoe Perch, give me Erie Perch any day.

Although I've never fished perch up on Simcoe, I will agree that Long Point ice fishing isn't great. I've heard stories from the 70's and 80's of guys making incredible perch catches at Long Point, but I have never caught, over a 30+ year span, a limit of perch on the Inner Bay, regardless of season (but maybe that's just me). That being said, it is still great to spend a day out on the ice. I have a shot at catching a pike through the ice and Long Point is so much closer for me.

Fished both lakes for Perch and I'd have to say, if your on them your on them and it's a lot of fun.... Both lake can yield some nice Perch and in great numbers, but the main part of Lake Erie is better....... As for the Long Point Bay well that is tougher most of the time, you pull in 20 dinks for 1 good keep (11" keeper).... Last time I had a good haul from the Bay was 1st of May, 2009 right off EC5, managed to cull for a nice limit of 11 - 13"ers.....

I am sure all will agree, simcoe and long point are totally different ball parks for so many reasons. I will take simcoe any time of the year!

Tap on the address below for rates etc. I don't know if he has any special deal for kids with adults. They will move you around to a different hut if you ask them. If you go tell them Peter from Waterloo and Ed from Stratford sent you. I think I put his kids through college for the number of years we stayed there! LOL! Huron.

http://www.peninsularesort.net/Ice_Fishing.html

Well decided to go with snake island huts in Georgina and we weren't disappointed! The guys were great! We started out in one spot caught about 30 then they moved their huts and the action was non stop! We caught a couple hundred I bet! Took home 50+

They moved the huts for you? That I've never heard of and hats off to that outfitter, talk about great service. We were thinking about hitting Simcoe based on the lack of success on the bay from the reports you guys have graciously provided and I've recovered from my last bout off being older.

When we do head up Peninsula it is. Is parking an issue with them? Buddy had his truck stolen last year when they had to park on a public road. Those thieving bastardo's know it's someone's vehicle that isn't returning soon. They can be a few hours down the highway before it's reported stolen, maybe even chopped by the time you get back.

Like I said in a other thread, I wonder where all the perch are? Then it hit me, Big Dave fished the lake out last year!!!

They moved the huts for you? That I've never heard of and hats off to that outfitter, talk about great service. We were thinking about hitting Simcoe based on the lack of success on the bay from the reports you guys have graciously provided and I've recovered from my last bout off being older.

When we do head up Peninsula it is. Is parking an issue with them? Buddy had his truck stolen last year when they had to park on a public road. Those thieving bastardo's know it's someone's vehicle that isn't returning soon. They can be a few hours down the highway before it's reported stolen, maybe even chopped by the time you get back.

Like I said in a other thread, I wonder where all the perch are? Then it hit me, Big Dave fished the lake out last year!!!

I'm heading to the same area of Simcoe tomorrow for my first ice outing of the season that is loooooong overdue and will post a report for anyone heading that way. I can't remember the last time I waited so long to hit the ice...

Back