Fishing Report July 30&31 port burwell PM.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Took out a couple old fishing buddy's for the PM run Saturday. Started the spread in 62fow rolling with waves till we hit,if we hit.. started with rattle traps and smithwicks off 3&4 color leadcore on planner boards.. had fish on the smithwick 10s in minutes.. then another and another. The rattle traps produced but nothing like the long stick baits so swapped the traps for deep huskys and that combo along with the smithwicks was deadly.
Smithwick 24 carrot & clown and deep huskys in voodoo haze & clown off planner boards. Down rigger count was creeping on 2dozen shots pulling Bomber long As down 25ft .
Pulled the lines when ran out of clips for the planner boards around 9pm20220801_154747.jpg20220801_153733.jpg.

Sunday afternoon back to the same area same time with a couple new arms. Trolling north in 62fow bugs/flies were bad and getting worst so turned the boat and headed south, next to no bugs passed 63. Trolled south out to 65ft then trolled towards port for the remainder.. Non stop action the whole way from the 1st rod in. The winners from the evening before were not as hot but eventualy found the right colors to trigger the bite. 24carrot Smithwick was the only back to back winner. Deep husky in hot tiger was the medicine fallowed by moldy fruit and juicy Lucy doing equally well on 3&4 color.20220801_155043.jpg Left the riggers home for dipsy divers. Started with a black #1 set on 0.5 at 50ft and #0 set on 0.5 at 75ft. #0 dipsy towing a bomber long A was in instant success start to finish. Dropped the #1 dipsy out 10 more ft and it started firing but nothing like the starboard side. Changed the bait/colors a few times but didn't seem to help so swapped the #1dipsy for black#0 pulling a husky jerk in some kind of craw pattern and it to was soon none stop like the starboard side. The 2 Dipsy rigs accounted for well over 2dozen hits/fish combine once they were both dialed In(#0 set on 0.5 out 75ft)
20220801_153351.jpg. Quick as a fella could get the dipsy back out and back in the holder it would bouncing again in no time. Countless fish hit while attempting to clip a lead core line on the planners. There was a pile of them lost as well.
2.7mph was choice both runs.
Choppy 76.8°f Saturday. calm/flat,with lots of bugs, 75.5°f Sunday.
Seen other boats out further yet by a few miles. Passed one crew around 62ft working west while I was south and they had it going on and dialed in,pulling fish 2 at a time one after another running dipsy divers from what I could tell.

With the amount of fish out there i am sure a angler could pull any kind of bait on any presentation and eventually catch without tinkering with the spread/set up that "awlays works" but if you take second to change this or that, and let's try this color then all of a sudden you have all the lines dialed in & firing constantly for some truly amazing world class fishing.
Port Burwell marina was great both days. Had to wait no time at all has they had at least one launch open for gys going out for the evening run.

Took out a couple old fishing buddy's for the PM run Saturday. Started the spread in 62fow rolling with waves till we hit,if we hit.. started with rattle traps and smithwicks off 3&4 color leadcore on planner boards.. had fish on the smithwick 10s in minutes.. then another and another. The rattle traps produced but nothing like the long stick baits so swapped the traps for deep huskys and that combo along with the smithwicks was deadly.
Smithwick 24 carrot & clown and deep huskys in voodoo haze & clown off planner boards. Down rigger count was creeping on 2dozen shots pulling Bomber long As down 25ft .
Pulled the lines when ran out of clips for the planner boards around 9pmView attachment 62100View attachment 62101.

Sunday afternoon back to the same area same time with a couple new arms. Trolling north in 62fow bugs/flies were bad and getting worst so turned the boat and headed south, next to no bugs passed 63. Trolled south out to 65ft then trolled towards port for the remainder.. Non stop action the whole way from the 1st rod in. The winners from the evening before were not as hot but eventualy found the right colors to trigger the bite. 24carrot Smithwick was the only back to back winner. Deep husky in hot tiger was the medicine fallowed by moldy fruit and juicy Lucy doing equally well on 3&4 color.View attachment 62106 Left the riggers home for dipsy divers. Started with a black #1 set on 0.5 at 50ft and #0 set on 0.5 at 75ft. #0 dipsy towing a bomber long A was in instant success start to finish. Dropped the #1 dipsy out 10 more ft and it started firing but nothing like the starboard side. Changed the bait/colors a few times but didn't seem to help so swapped the #1dipsy for black#0 pulling a husky jerk in some kind of craw pattern and it to was soon none stop like the starboard side. The 2 Dipsy rigs accounted for well over 2dozen hits/fish combine once they were both dialed In(#0 set on 0.5 out 75ft)
View attachment 62107. Quick as a fella could get the dipsy back out and back in the holder it would bouncing again in no time. Countless fish hit while attempting to clip a lead core line on the planners. There was a pile of them lost as well.
Seen other boats out further yet by a few miles. Passed one crew around 62ft working west while I was south and they had it going on and dialed in,pulling fish 2 at a time one after another running dipsy divers from what I could tell.

With the amount of fish out there i am sure a angler could pull any kind of bait on any presentation and eventually catch without tinkering with the spread/set up that "awlays works" but if you take second to change this or that, and let's try this color then all of a sudden you have all the lines dialed in & firing constantly for some truly amazing world class fishing.
Port Burwell marina was great both days. Had to wait no time at all has they had at least one launch open for gys going out for the evening run.
Another Excellent fishing report @SIX-GRAND 👍👍 and Port Burwell has been really “Rockin!!” according to a lot of other fishing report’s as well. No rainbow’s I guess that you didn’t catch? I love the rainbow’s,mostly because of their fighting abilities!! Tight lines to the rest of the way,and enjoy your walleye fry. 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋👍👍🙂

Pulled the lines when ran out of clips for the planner boards around 9pmView attachment 62100View attachment 62101.

Sunday afternoon back to the same area same time with a couple new arms. Trolling north in 62fow bugs/flies were bad and getting worst so turned the boat and headed south, next to no bugs passed 63. Trolled south out to 65ft then trolled towards port for the remainder.. Non stop action the whole way from the 1st rod in. The winners from the evening before were not as hot but eventualy found the right colors to trigger the bite. 24carrot Smithwick was the only back to back winner. Deep husky in hot tiger was the medicine fallowed by moldy fruit and juicy Lucy doing equally well on 3&4 color.View attachment 62106 Left the riggers home for dipsy divers. Started with a black #1 set on 0.5 at 50ft and #0 set on 0.5 at 75ft. #0 dipsy towing a bomber long A was in instant success start to finish. Dropped the #1 dipsy out 10 more ft and it started firing but nothing like the starboard side. Changed the bait/colors a few times but didn't seem to help so swapped the #1dipsy for black#0 pulling a husky jerk in some kind of craw pattern and it to was soon none stop like the starboard side. The 2 Dipsy rigs accounted for well over 2dozen hits/fish combine once they were both dialed In(#0 set on 0.5 out 75ft)
View attachment 62107. Quick as a fella could get the dipsy back out and back in the holder it would bouncing again in no time. Countless fish hit while attempting to clip a lead core line on the planners. There was a pile of them lost as well.

Awesome report. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome report's. Man you must have a lot of tackle. I switched out a bunch of spoons on the riggers but couldn't get them working. Only got a few bombers, next time I'll try them . Thanks for your detailed report.

Another Excellent fishing report @SIX-GRAND 👍👍 and Port Burwell has been really “Rockin!!” according to a lot of other fishing report’s as well. No rainbow’s I guess that you didn’t catch? I love the rainbow’s,mostly because of their fighting abilities!! Tight lines to the rest of the way,and enjoy your walleye fry. 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋👍👍🙂
No sir, not a single rainbow. As fun as they are to catch the crew didn't want any and I for sure didn't want to hook any so I been sticking with baits that I have never hooked rainbow on.
Them baby's can cost a guy a few bucks when they get flying around and tangling into the leadcores..last 1 we hooked at burwell came on the starboard side outside planner line and some how made it all the way over to the port side across 3 lines and past the planner board! Got real lucky as it only picked up 1 extra line which luckily was a quick fix.

Awesome report's. Man you must have a lot of tackle. I switched out a bunch of spoons on the riggers but couldn't get them working. Only got a few bombers, next time I'll try them . Thanks for your detailed report.
Some say I have lots..some say just enough.. Few hundred pieces or cranks & spoons onboard for sure.
I always have a time getting the riggers to fire on my boat But lately 50ft off the ball and 25 down been the magic for burwell eyes.
Washed Rattle traps,Husky jerks, Smithwicks and Bombers in many different colors
off the riggers the passed few runs.. i could only get the huskys and bombers to produced and the bright/flashy Bombers out produced the huskys.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks