Fishing Report John's Big Pike - Bluff Bar - Monday, May 27th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The photograph doesn't do it justice. John (Canvasback) caught the biggest pike I've personally witnessed and verified caught in Long Point Bay since I started fishing here in 1980. John was more concerned with a quick release than getting a great photo. The pike weighed 16 pounds 2 ounces and only a few that size have been properly weighed and recorded here in the Bay.
John, Albert and I fished Bluff Bar this morning starting at 10 am. It was warm, sunny and calm. Definitely the nicest day I've been out this year. Unfortunately the fishing was awful and we had only landed 3 or 4 by 12:45 pm when John hooked his big pike on his quick strike/dead bait rig. Normally we quit at 1:00 pm but we fished overtime until 1:30 today. Whether it was the big fish, the breeze that started at 1:00 pm or the change of location, we had more opportunities in the last half hour than the three hours that preceded.
index.php

Attachments

• IMG_0421.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 727
Wow what a great LPB pike there Arnie!?? Yeah it's weird sometimes photos don't show the size, sometimes a 10 pounder can look 5 pounds and vise verses depending on the angle, backdrop etc.

Wow what a great LPB pike there Arnie!?? Yeah it's weird sometimes photos don't show the size, sometimes a 10 pounder can look 5 pounds and vise verses depending on the angle, backdrop etc.
Yeah Bob....The hooks came out in the landing net. We weighed the fish in the net and deducted the weight of the water soaked net to arrive at 16-2. We did it in both pounds and kilograms and there was only a 3 ounce difference when converted. Anyway, John wanted his fish released immediately therefore there was no time for a staged photo. I was kind of disappointed when I saw the resulting picture.

Wow, that's a beauty! Any tips for a novice? I was out on the weekend and trolled body baits. After an hour or so I was feeling very guilty about all the (quickly released) smallies that I called it quits. How do you find the pike but leave the bass alone? Focus on weeds?

Yeah Bob....The hooks came out in the landing net. We weighed the fish in the net and deducted the weight of the water soaked net to arrive at 16-2. We did it in both pounds and kilograms and there was only a 3 ounce difference when converted. Anyway, John wanted his fish released immediately therefore there was no time for a staged photo. I was kind of disappointed when I saw the resulting picture.
To me @Duck Soup it looks like a 10.6 lb. pike,:unsure::sneaky:;) in your photo,(just kidding—lol),like the one that I caught back on April 27/19 from shore while casting lure’s for coho’s in Sarnia Bay.Congratulations again to Arnie ??for catching and releasing that 16.2 lb. pike,and it is good to know that there is a trophy ? pike swimming around out there,and someone will have a chance to also fight it and hopefully release it again!! Maybe even have a chance to catch it again at the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic,and it would definitely be a big fish winner in that category!! Tight lines & pike’s ON!! ????:)

Attachments

• 1FF6A83A-1A70-414B-A19D-2127BFBCB97C.jpeg
    1FF6A83A-1A70-414B-A19D-2127BFBCB97C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50
  • E1BC58D4-E1D4-4A65-896F-B7B2A851DEED.jpeg
    E1BC58D4-E1D4-4A65-896F-B7B2A851DEED.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
Nice fish. Ain't it great when "heeeeerrrreeeeeee fishy fishy" works lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks