HORTY,S WEATHER REPORT

HORTY

I will start next weekend:),just got to pick up some new flags:rolleyes:,report on port,fish in BRUCE,o_O all weather buoys r on line, links r here on Stomps ,will try for daily Horty -eye view,an my honest opinion of the day,hope to see you all on the water this yr.Stomp-sticky plz:) THIS IS MY PERSONAL OBSERVATION,FROM MY BACK YARD,THE CHOICE TO GO OR NOT TO GO IS YOURS

Last edited:
WELL HERE GOES:rolleyes:-Thurs.620am-winds r light out of the SW,should stay that way until about noon,then increasing to about 10k WSW,it is cool 8c high will be about 15c:eek:Perch have been light an spotty-25-38fow out of Bruce or Stanley;) THIS looks like the best day of the weekend:cool:Friday will be a wash at 30k +winds:whistle:.Sat.an Sunday will be warmer:artist:-winds in the 15k range but out of the north,so ,should be fishable in close:).Take care all an have a great year(y),make sure you check all your gear:oops:was doing my pre launch check,an found my flares were outdated as well as out doors card,replaced a couple off old life jackets,just got to wax an good to go:)HORTY SAY,S :cautious:wear your life jacket :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Thanks @HORTY, keep em coming. It really is a great thing for guys that can't get out anytime they want and nothing more frustrating than hauling the rig for who knows how far and then find 1 meter or more whitecaps. Many guys will PM me in the morning or afternoon looking to make it this way after dayshift and if I am here I am more than happy to tell them what I see out the back window. As I said before what it looks like at daybreak sure can change in a few hours. Is it just us but this has been a very windy May. It was perfect on the weekend though and I only saw 2 boats here all weekend. I will start posting what I see here along the Selkirk shoreline tomorrow, Nanticoke area. It might not be regularly as I hope I'm not home at noon, being on the water or on a fairway somewhere. In stead of the mornings I will try and post a noon or later afternoon report for those that want to hit the lake after work. I have usually been laying in bed resting my eyes lately at 07:eek:o anyway.

John D

edit, somehow I got one of those emodiconofacie things in there, amazing leap for my technical prowess, or lack of shall I say.

FRIDAY AM-5:40am-:rolleyes:maybe those high winds blew thru last night:rolleyes:light breeze out of the south this am:)7c:eek:weather site shows 15k N/W---Sail flow shows 7k N/W-WINDS WILL INCREASE today so be careful out there:censored: UP-DATE-wind is out of N/W an is light at this time-6:40am,should be ok if u stay close

Last edited:
Slight breeze this am:D,out of the N/W,lake is flat right now:)temp is cold :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:,forecast says 10k windsS/w-so it looks like a all out good day out there-max.of 8knot winds today,wave hight of less than a meter,high of 19c:)Will see you out there:D:D:D

Sunday 5:45am-Lake is flat at this time an temp.is 6c:hungry:,no wind right now:confused:,but forecast is calling for 15klm winds -25klm this afternoon,I suppose it will climb when the temp. does :cautious:high of 24c today,should be a grt day for sailing:)FISHERMEN STAY CLOSE,wind will pick-up by noon:rolleyes::geek::geek::geek:-Looks like it will be unstable for next few day,s Will start reports again on THURS-------------,7AM LAKE STILL LOOKS GOOD-temp 10c-WELL it is noon,an the lake looks good,should be out there!!!!

Last edited:
Thursday am-looks like the storm has blown thru lake is flat an winds r down:) looks like a great weekend coming up:)winds should be good for today ,shifting to the east over night an Friday,they will top out to about 15klm, so will still be fishable;)-mud line looks to be out about a mile or so:notworthy::rolleyes:o_O.Enjoy all:censored:

FRIDAY:)-Slight delay this am,had to transplant another raccoon:censored:,tats 4 now:rolleyes:-SO a slight breeze out of the east,lake looks good:)should swing around to the south to 15k by noon:),might be the beast day of the weekend:(,winds will jump over night to 25-30k this weekend:oops::censored::censored:(maybe that will change?):whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:!!!-UPDATE!!!!!-Looks like winds r coming upo_Owaves r starting to crest:oops: small craft be carefull:eek:,looks like our weekend winds r coming early:mad:

Last edited:
Well winds stayed pretty much at 15k all day,a few good gusts that lasted for a short time,maybe it pushed the gobies out??

SAT.AM-winds r up a little rollers r coming in from the south but not cresting:confused:,wave height is less than a meter:)weather buoy says 16mph:love: sailflow says 10kts most of the day.:confused: my guess is it will be fishable for the btr part of the day:),WILL LET YOU KNOW,GONE FISHING:D:D:D

wet morning,east wind large rollers:rolleyes:-good day to check gear:DSTILL,WET,WET,WET

Last edited:
Another weekend is starting :)looks like the wind gods maybe nice :rolleyes: as well ,they will start ou of the east this am @8kts an swing to the south an reduce to 6kts, should be a great weekend for fishing-(HINT;))-start in the 25-30ft.range,lake is slowly warming up,54f:love:

FRIDAY- lake looks good this am:)looks like a little breeze coming out of the s/e :rolleyes: go get em boy,s:)

SAT,AM.off-shore breeze right now,lake is flat in close,wins will probably stay in the E-NE range today:rolleyes: will increase to about 15mph this afternoono_O,should be ok if you if you saty in close:);););)

lol S/E WIND THIS AM about ft1/2ft rollers don,:rolleyes:t see high winds as yet:rolleyes:looks like it will stay at 15 klm for a while increasing to 25-30 later today:eek:(was that a quack attack?)UPDATE-waves have now increased with the wind:eek:,can now see white caps:cautious:

Last edited:
well???-it never did get to 30klm winds it was a blowing day but I think you could have still fished:cool:,spent the day doing yard work:notworthy:,watching all the boats on the water:censored:,not many fishing,just a lot playing:p,great day for sailing(y),see u next weekend:)

Looks like it might shape up to be a good weekend:),forecast has changed in our favor :),looks like good winds for the next few days ,Will post again Thurs.am:):):) SO!!!-right now there is a strong south wind,3ft waves,flag is standing strt out,not a good dya to be out there:censored::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
I have been watching your report since joining.. Excellent job.. What is your opinion for tomorrow morning... Will the lake lay down overnight.. Thanks for your thoughts.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks