Off Topic Gas Prices

Don't know how fast my new Yamaha 8hp kicker is gonna push me but it should be cheaper than my main engine. I figure 2 hrs to get out to the fish, get back at midnight.

View attachment 55436

Ive added these for guests to help out with lowering fuel costs...I need lots of guests

View attachment 55437
Hey that should work for you especially if they pump iron for daily exercise. 😁

Just did some calculations based on my fuel tank. 80 U.S. gals converted to litres = 302 litres.
Easy numbers if it’s going to $2.00/ lt at the marina is going to be $600.00😱
There will be no more filling up the 6 pack cooler of 🍺 and going for a little cruise.
Brandon’s Bankes boat with the new Yamaha 90 hp HO is looking really nice for a 6 pack cruise now😂😂

@Derkd9 I see your puppy is getting bigger.
Two weeks ago we added a new family member.
Remi ( Remington ) Nova Scotia Duck Toller
67603BB9-A720-4765-9C36-5F05F54660DC.jpeg0A8D2BC8-75B0-46DC-89AF-9324CA4FD88C.jpeg
1C3C8657-DE54-423A-B124-B8485851F1BE.jpeg

Yes I did @Fshrmn4life Been wanting that breed for quite some time.
Right on, Rob's a great guy and definitely knows them dogs well. After meeting him through the fishing world and also learning more about the operation him and his family run over there the wife and I were really considering getting a pup from him. Unfortunately the wife and I both got new jobs and our work schedules became very busy we decided it wasn't the best time to do it.

After years and years of being a truck owner, I am going to see about a 1.5L 3 cylinder bronco sport…. I’m either taking our big boat permanently up to our place near Nippissing, where there is an available tow vehicle that can pull it the 20 minutes to the lake, or I’m selling it and going back to a 16. Where I live in farm country Ontario, I have to drive a minimum of 1 hour everywhere for good fishing but more often than not 1.5 to 2 hours, unless I want to fish reservoirs and rivers. Wether I can afford it or not, I certainly can’t justify that cash outlay on a weekly fishing excursion should some of the more outrageous price per litre forecasts be accurate. Especially towing a giant wind sock. I foresee much more local bow hunting this year, and targeted trips only when I feel fishing will be hot. No more fishing for the sake of fishing!

About time they stopped giving away fuel. Should be plenty of " deals" on twin big block inboards.

Glad I didn't buy a bigger boat ,I'll stick with Smokercraft and the 90 on it.Last year I would spend around $20 fishing out of Burwell with trolling with it.Now it will be $40.still cheap enough for me.Now getting the boat there by my truck, that's different.Might just have to fish the inner bay more.

Two emails per week plus more phone calls than I've ever wanted from the dealership to buy back my low mileage 2016 Hybrid Ultimate.

I'm surprised at how much it's worth but I'm not ready to give it up.

Once the boat is in the water that's how I'll be going back and forth to Burwell. (like the last two years) 🌻

Last edited:
Two emails per week plus more phone calls than I've ever wanted from the dealership to buy back my low mileage 2016 Hybrid Ultimate.

Once the boat is in the water that's how I'll be going back and forth to Burwell. (like the last two years)
I heard on a London radio station a couple of times this morning,that the gasoline price from what it is right now,suppose to drop 15 cent per litre overnight from what we are paying now,putting the price of gasoline down to around $1.75 per litre by tomorrow morning here in London & I suppose elsewhere as well in other communities. Well,at least the gasoline is going down a bit,instead of climbing up towards the $2.00 mark per litre & perhaps beyond!! I hope that I heard it right this morning on the radio,& if it’s true,I will therefore fill up my couple of empty gasoline can’s,because eventually my boat 🚤 🎣🐟🐟🐟😉 will need gasoline as well!! Tight lines and lake erie walleye’s ON!! eventually. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍👍🙂

Last edited:

Once the boat is in the water that's how I'll be going back and forth to Burwell. (like the last two years)
wondering what they expect you to buy instead?

And, as ex lax says, this too shall pass. I remember when they had to change all the pumps back in the 70s when the price of a litre first crossed a buck. Taxi companies and other city application vehicles all rushed to switch to propane. Then, a few years later a deep recession in the early 80s when we had gas wars. The gas stations would LOWER the price just to get the sales. I remember a photo from the London Free press of a tanker filling up at the pumps cause the price had dropped to 10 cents per liter. Then came Chrysler's K cars. Just like the water levels in the lakes, over time things find their own equilibrium. Don't make a lifetime decision for a short term condition.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks