Off Topic Gas Prices

Hey we don't anything in Iona Station but I don't care as I don't like Starbuck's coffee anyway although some McCafΓ© or Timmy's would be nice occasionally. 😊 Don't need any of them though as I fresh perk a big pot of PC Gourmet Dark Roast West Coast Coffee for us every morning which is our favourite of all. β˜•β˜•πŸ‘ŒπŸ€©
View attachment 55597
I would still prefer my McCafe coffee @Wave Runner as well whenever I can here in London,but you are right,your PC Gourmet Dark Roast West Coast Coffee β˜•β˜•was fantastic,especially with your wives home made cake πŸŽ‚ to go with it,when my daughter and I visited you both before Covid-19 times. πŸŽ‚ β˜•β˜• πŸ˜‹πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Attachments

• B2389AD7-552D-49B2-908D-DB094FCA76DD.jpeg
    B2389AD7-552D-49B2-908D-DB094FCA76DD.jpeg
    302.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I forced $69.00 into my car last night at $1.636.

That was after driving 646 km and still had a pip over 1/4 tank remaining. 🌻

Anyone compared the price, on a per litre basis, between McD's, Timmies or Starbucks coffee to a litre of regular gas.? Should be an eye opener for a Sunday morning.
Welcome back DST

I forced $69.00 into my car last night at $1.636.

That was after driving 646 km and still had a pip over 1/4 tank remaining. 🌻
That’s a lot of driving @hvyhaul πŸ‘πŸ‘ and I need a vehicle like yours on the side,for when I am going river fishing here & there,without my boat. πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

EV's are really being purchased at a record pace since the increase to the price of fuel. We put a deposit on a Polestar2 for the wife but nothing will replace my truck as a EV won't haul my boat a long distance. What a PITA it is to charge a EV that would tow a boat as you have to disconnect the boat trailer and then pull into the charging parking. FT.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm ? I'm confused ; $6.99 for a 330 G as opposed to $15.99 for a 920-925 G container ? Or were they charging 16 bucks for that same small one ? I buy Folgers or Maxwell House Dark Roast for 6. 99 for the big one (920-925 g respectively) , now that's a deal ! True , not all coffee is the same and you get what you pay for as the saying goes. LoL ! I was once treated to a coffee at one of those specialty shops in Toronto where you pick the type of beans and then they roast them, grind them and brew you one cup of Heaven ! That was approx. 20 years ago and it was seven bucks I think, which is an absurd price to pay for one cup of coffee but OMG ! was it good ! Almost as good as that first cup on a Cuba morning.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm ? I'm confused ; $6.99 for a 330 G as opposed to $15.99 for a 920-925 G container ? Or were they charging 16 bucks for that same small one ? I buy Folgers or Maxwell House Dark Roast for 6. 99 for the big one (920-925 g respectively) , now that's a deal ! True , not all coffee is the same and you get what you pay for as the saying goes. LoL ! I was once treated to a coffee at one of those specialty shops in Toronto where you pick the type of beans and then they roast them, grind them and brew you one cup of Heaven ! That was approx. 20 years ago and it was seven bucks I think, which is an absurd price to pay for one cup of coffee but OMG ! was it good ! Almost as good as that first cup on a Cuba morning.
The PC dark roast is in 875g cans for $6.99 on sale at Shopper's which are usually $15.99 at Loblaws etc. I didn't notice until I read your post that the photo I put up was only the 330g can which looks exactly the same in a photo. Sorry for the confusion OCL. 😁

Okee Dokee on the coffee pricing and next time I'm in Shoppers I will pick one up to try but only if it's on sale. LoL !
As for gas prices ? We are at the mercy of the worlds economy, it's politics and of course the money grubbing whores that profit from it.
Electric vehicles make sense if you live in a city or even a mid-size town but if you live out in the countryside... ? I will stick to gas or diesel thank you.
Now if the governments would give tax credits not only for the EV's but also for the cost of the charging stations ? Solar panel type charging stations would probably be best but not everybody has a spare acre to place one of those on their property. All I know for sure as I'm about to turn 65 that my truck, ATV, riding mower, brushhawg , tractor, chainsaws, logsplitter, outboards and God knows what else is stashed around here all run run on gasoline and I'm not about to switch.

Enjoy this Twitter thread on oil vs gas prices

Twitter Gas

Expand the followup replies by clicking on the blue replies links in the thread.

Quite revealing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks