FOR ANYBODY WHO HAS THE FISHING BUG SARNIA RAMP IS STILL OPEN

I'm also an essential service worker that is going to work throughout all of this.
I'm also a die hard fisherman who dug his boat out and got it ready to fish just before this all set in. I have not had it out of the garage due to covid19 and I will leave it there until it is deemed safe to do so.
I will not complain about it either. There are much more important things in life than fishing.
It blows my mind some of the arguing, misconstrued information, offensive statements, and lack of common sense that has made it's way through this thread and many others cycling fishing forums I'm part of.
The comment that it is "laziness" closing down ramps rather than enforcing things is ridiculous. Our police officers are out every day still dealing with the public. There is a rise in many categories of crime due to the current issue we are having. The last thing they need to be doing is babysitting those who want to fish and not follow guidelines.
As far as the picture posted versus going out fishing, it completely misses the point.
Fishing is not essential. Yes, it can provide food for your plate, but you would still have to shop for all the other amenities for your home. Therefore you would still be going shopping. Groceries are a necessity. Some stores are not doing their part in promoting distancing. That's another problem.
Fishing is another risk that does not need to be taken right now.
The less risks and exposure we have right now, the lower we can keep the curve and help out our fellow frontline workers.
That's my .02 cents.
Stay safe everyone.
Hopefully I can see you on the water sooner than later.
Respect your opinion and we dont have to agree. In fact your government doesnt agree with you either entirely. We all respect or should all respect the situation. But in all honestly it's no different than taking your motorcycle out.. nobody touched on any of the the other," non essential " like dog walking etc... truth is we can still enjoy using basic common sense and social distancing and respect others space just like you do dog walking, jogging, etc... people still need exercise... I am not saying crowd a boat ramp on saturday morning . Iam saying if I slip away for a hour or two and walk a local creeknon trout opening day that is really no different ( probably safer( than waliokg my dog down a street where 150 people walked an hour before touched sidewalks cross walks etx....I would be all for a COMPLETE lockdown but they have not or will not do this...

Im a Reg Nurse in London.
Things are under control..day to day.
We were a week away from not having enough PPE
The hospital is getting prepped to open a field hospital at the Western Fair Grounds..144 beds to start, with the ability to go to 500
Do whatever you need to do to slow this beast down...thats all we can/have to do.
Its inconvenient for sure..Ive been on house arrest for 14 days and it sucks
...but better than being admitted to a field hospital because one of the largest hospitals in Canada is over capacity
Those of us that are on the front lines are just asking for help.
Thanks dave and much appreciated. And you are NOT wrong..we all need to take steps for sure .. everyone...having said that I honestly dont know of anyone who thinks this is joke and hasnt done something to try and help. I would be all for helping you petition our governments for a lockdown but it needs to come from there.. they missed the opportunity..telling people it's ok to go to wal mart and dollar store and walk your dog .. go for a run.. ride your bike ..etc isnt the answer in my opinion.

First of all I would like to say thank you to "get Hooked " for some brighter news in this tough time . As for all the rants that ensued i think common sense should be first and foremost. If i get my boat and head to the ramp i take someone in my household that I'm fully aware of all aspects . or if I'm close to a fishing buddy that's been non social and has been abiding by the rules of what's in place. Going to a ramp dropping in a small fishing boat can be accomplished by two people quite easy. Park the Truck/Car...boat trailer . Pick your worms out of your own garden ... you have your gear from last year covid free... tap for payment at the ramp or online. Someone that wants to come that you don't know there hygiene traveling history .... they don't come simple. Where has the government put a ACT/ ORDER / TO PRIVATE LAND OWNERS TO CLOSE THERE RAMPS ... If i have a 150 room apartment building am i to say you are to close..... no parking.... and no tenants....
accesses is to close ... common sense.... give way ... make space dont crowd and we can make things work... Wash your Hands ...sanitize....cover a sneeze...cough
As for the The Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act it states as follows ....

First of all I would like to say thank you to "get Hooked " for some brighter news in this tough time . As for all the rants that ensued i think common sense should be first and foremost. If i get my boat and head to the ramp i take someone in my household that I'm fully aware of all aspects . or if I'm close to a fishing buddy that's been non social and has been abiding by the rules of what's in place. Going to a ramp dropping in a small fishing boat can be accomplished by two people quite easy. Park the Truck/Car...boat trailer . Pick your worms out of your own garden ... you have your gear from last year covid free... tap for payment at the ramp or online. Someone that wants to come that you don't know there hygiene traveling history .... they don't come simple. Where has the government put a ACT/ ORDER / TO PRIVATE LAND OWNERS TO CLOSE THERE RAMPS ... If i have a 150 room apartment building am i to say you are to close..... no parking.... and no tenants....
accesses is to close ... common sense.... give way ... make space dont crowd and we can make things work... Wash your Hands ...sanitize....cover a sneeze...cough
As for the The Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act it states as follows ....

Well said and totally agree.

Just want to be clear here on rules, as to the I should still get to go fishing gang suggest? People going to get food, bad?
Walking, alone or with dog, bad? Going and to get a families food, bad. Government disions, bad. Somebody lined up at a store, bad. Young people working on the front line, bad. All this shit about look what their doing, stop. What are you doing? Oh yey, whining. and I get your front line, what is that?
What ever it is. thank you

Just want to be clear here on rules, as to the I should still get to go fishing gang suggest? People going to get food, bad?
Walking, alone or with dog, bad? Going and to get a families food, bad. Government disions, bad. Somebody lined up at a store, bad. Young people working on the front line, bad. All this shit about look what their doing, stop. What are you doing? Oh yey, whining. and I get your front line, what is that?
What ever it is. thank you
Put it all together take a step back deep breath and dont look at it about fishing ...look at the big picture....like everyone has said over and over...everyone needs to do their part and I DON'T know of anyone who hasnt or isn't. Does you part mean not walking your dog? Not taking a random ride on the bike? Walking alone ? Motorcycle? ATV? Classic car? Scooter? That's for you to decide what is common sense and not ..

So what you are saying is that just because there is risk in doing something essential (groceries), that adding risk by doing other non-necessary things is ok.

Actually what I’m saying is F the groceries. I’m going fishing. Who is at more risk of contracting or spreading CV19? The guy who went fishing or the guy that went grocery shopping.

If you believe that is what you are doing.

I don't.

To me, unless you are attempting to meet with those who could make changes, you are wasting bandwidth.

ie: what @bassaholic said.
Taken from a local wal mart ... I think your lack of knowledge may be ill placed. To me I believe you fail to see the big picture perhaps cause this is a fishing forum maybe ?? Have a look closely at the pic...sit back and see what's wrong with all this ..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1586784154037.jpg
    FB_IMG_1586784154037.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 76
JB did you even look at it before you tried to use it to back up your argument?

It doesn't serve you well.

Local Walmart ah? Nobody's wearing a jacket/coat, hasn't been that warm out? Look at the carts, no perishable goods, no 40 pack toilet paper, just stuff that could be gift's? Not one customer wearing a mask, people are wearing them everywhere now?
If your going to push fake BS, get better at it

Do these people look familiar?

10walmart-web-superJumbo.jpg

Black Friday, Rogers Arkansas

New York Times article Dec 10 2015

JB you have absolutely ZERO credibility in my book.

From the Bluewater Anglers Facebook Page:

This is the notice that has been posted at the Sarnia Bay boat ramp.

Use of this platform is restricted to use by inhabitants of one household at a time.

Please be respectful of others and limit your time at the launch.

Please practice proper Social Distancing Protocols.

Do these people look familiar?

View attachment 22263

Black Friday, Rogers Arkansas

New York Times article Dec 10 2015

JB you have absolutely ZERO credibility in my book.
Opps you are right... wrong pic posted my fault ....here is the one I was tryimg to post. London Ontario. Also taken from news site Costco.in london a few days ago... call it what you will
. Your opinion is yours only.

Just drove by Walmart again from work and lined up outside ..so is shoppers drug mart. TsC had a line up as well.....

Attachments

• 1_4851516.jpg
    1_4851516.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20200413-125806_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200413-125806_Chrome.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 46
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks