FOR ANYBODY WHO HAS THE FISHING BUG SARNIA RAMP IS STILL OPEN

Get Hooked

“They’re going to stay open, probably on a day-to-day basis until we see that it’s not being treated with respect,” said Bradley. “If family members are going out on a boat ride, fine. If people are social mingling at the boat launch, then there’s going to be an issue.”

In the Article Quote "The provincial government has not mandated the closure of boat launches."

Is that a misquote?

“They’re going to stay open, probably on a day-to-day basis until we see that it’s not being treated with respect,” said Bradley. “If family members are going out on a boat ride, fine. If people are social mingling at the boat launch, then there’s going to be an issue.”

I call this the "Pandemic" of convenience.

This half-Ass shutdown of the Province is shameful.

Cheers.

I realize your intentions are good, but no sense posting these things. Two things will happen, the launch will be overloaded, and angry people, probably people that don’t even live nearby and have no interest other than they have nothing else to do with themselves right now will call the town to complain. There’s a ton of them on all fishing boards and Facebook right now.

By the time they close this ramp it will be too late.
How many more people will be needlessly infected by them keeping this open.

Thanks in part to the COVIDIOTS who don't follow the rules/common sense/protocol during this time, my father, who is very very sick and likely has just weeks to live, will not be able to see my mother (his wife of over 60 years and is locked down in long term care) and say goodbye to her before he passes.

If you have half a brain it seems to be a simple decision......would you rather go fishing, or would you rather risk death, or death to someone close to you! Should be pretty simple.

Please, just STAY THE F%$# HOME!!

Also, much respect to the front line healthcare workers, and the truckers, etc. that are helping people through this. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!

I call this the "Pandemic" of convenience.

This half-Ass shutdown of the Province is shameful.

Cheers.

The government keeps giving people chances to handle this on their own, but unfortunately a few bad apples continue to ruin it for others.

Note how the mayor specifically stated the ramp will remain open as long as people follow the rules? If people would stop this "it's only the flu" or "I have rights, I can do what I want" attitude more things would stay open.

Parks - government warned us. People ignored those warnings and now parks are closed.

Work - many in the original essential work list could still be working, but people ignored rules and warnings so the government was forced to shit down more businesses.

Grocery stores - maintain distance and respect others. People ignored those warnings so now many grocery stores have been forced to waste money directing people with signs, tape on floors, and workers directing customers.

There's even some people on this forum who still don't get it and would contribute to the Sarnia ramp being closed because they think this is a conspiracy or just a flu being blown way out of proportion.

Do not blame the government, blame those with the "rules are meant to be broken" attitudes...

Taking a fishing buddy up to Sarina with you? Make sure that he/she has the same primary address as you. This applies the trucks, boats, bikes, etc... Fines of 500.00 per covidiot.

Not 100% true but it's a pretty widespread belief. That said, staying home is still the best plan. Here's an OPP update on the subject

As Abraham Lincoln once said, "Rumours on the internet can be hard to verify".

By the time they close this ramp it will be too late.
How many more people will be needlessly infected by them keeping this open.

Thanks in part to the COVIDIOTS who don't follow the rules/common sense/protocol during this time, my father, who is very very sick and likely has just weeks to live, will not be able to see my mother (his wife of over 60 years and is locked down in long term care) and say goodbye to her before he passes.

If you have half a brain it seems to be a simple decision......would you rather go fishing, or would you rather risk death, or death to someone close to you! Should be pretty simple.

Please, just STAY THE F%$# HOME!!

Also, much respect to the front line healthcare workers, and the truckers, etc. that are helping people through this. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!
Perhaps instead of preaching stay home..preach use common sense. With no full lockdown what do you expect? Nobody here is downplaying the seriousness it people using the boat ramp is the least of the concerns. I had some critical banking to do today. People lined up outside right next to each other. Using same doors machines etc.. left there had to get fuel . Same thing . Needed slfood for my lunch as iam an essential worker . Lined up. Shoulder to shoulder ... preach to these business...this was your governments chcoie NOT to lockdown .. they continue to operate and people are doing the same . Can you really blame them?

Perhaps instead of preaching stay home..preach use common sense. With no full lockdown what do you expect? Nobody here is downplaying the seriousness it people using the boat ramp is the least of the concerns. I had some critical banking to do today. People lined up outside right next to each other. Using same doors machines etc.. left there had to get fuel . Same thing . Needed slfood for my lunch as iam an essential worker . Lined up. Shoulder to shoulder ... preach to these business...this was your governments chcoie NOT to lockdown .. they continue to operate and people are doing the same . Can you really blame them?
Pretty much what I eluded to in my statement......even used "common sense" in my rant. The more this thing spreads, the further we will be locked down.

Pretty much what I eluded to in my statement......even used "common sense" in my rant. The more this thing spreads, the further we will be locked down.
Agreed but using boat ramp to go out on the lake to isolate should be fine as long as common sense is used. Preaching about staying home is not the answer..why?? Cause the government did a half ass job...as an essential worker I need gas food supplies vehicle parts untileis etc... I meet and deal with 100 times more people in a week doing my essential job than I would at a baotlaunch at 6am in my one day off a week... either lock it down right or start letting people use common sense.. if they cant which there are lots ... fine and jail them.. this issue was created by all levels of government

Taking a fishing buddy up to Sarina with you? Make sure that he/she has the same primary address as you. This applies the trucks, boats, bikes, etc... Fines of 500.00 per covidiot.

While I am not fishing with friends at the moment, I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is no restriction of this nature in place under the EMCPA. This is in place currently in Michigan and perhaps also NY state but is not currently in force in Ontario. Laws of other jurisdictions do not apply here. Nor do bylaws put in place by one municipality re physical distancing (ie Toronto) apply to another municipality. I’d suggest fellas that if your interested in giving opinions on the matter to fill your boots, but most of the legislative stuff that’s being posted is completely incorrect. Anyone who is interested in getting information on what you can and can’t do currently would be best served to get it from the Provinces website and not Facebook or the news media.

A few fish are not worth the spread of this disease. Front line hospital and health care workers are risking their health and lives to keep us going. I can at least acknowledge and abide by the health guidance that people way smarter thank myself are providing. I want to go fishing as much as anybody else, but if we buckle down now, we may get out this summer and fall.

As far as the individuals who believe their civil liberties are being taken away with the government and health officials recommendations, more draconian rules and liberties will be taken away because of the few.

Agreed but using boat ramp to go out on the lake to isolate should be fine as long as common sense is used. Preaching about staying home is not the answer..why?? Cause the government did a half ass job...as an essential worker I need gas food supplies vehicle parts untileis etc... I meet and deal with 100 times more people in a week doing my essential job than I would at a baotlaunch at 6am in my one day off a week... either lock it down right or start letting people use common sense.. if they cant which there are lots ... fine and jail them.. this issue was created by all levels of government
WOW..... are you really out for an argument on this? Missing the point I'm afraid.
Of course shopping for essentials is necessary, but fishing is not. As an essential worker you should appreciate this. I too am an essential worker. I too get only 1 day off per week, and on that day and in my spare time I am looking after my sick father. As I am typing this he is in the ER getting a blood transfusion.
While you and likely most others will practice common sense, some do not. Sure we can fine and jail them, but we need to catch them, and by "we" I mean the authorities. Since this is not likely to happen, the only alternative is the drastic measure of shutting things down.
Nobody loves fishing more than I do, but I will gladly postpone it, or give it up for this season if it helps get rid of this virus.

Giving up fishing is not going to help get rid of the virus.
Physical distancing, avoiding the public and generally being mindful and limiting what you touch and who you interact with will help but what really needs to happen is testing, tracking, and quarantining the sick and those who were exposed to the sick, that is the proven method to get control of the spread.

All the closing of the parks etc ... that is just laziness, much easier to enforce a closure then to police individuals.

WOW..... are you really out for an argument on this? Missing the point I'm afraid.
Of course shopping for essentials is necessary, but fishing is not. As an essential worker you should appreciate this. I too am an essential worker. I too get only 1 day off per week, and on that day and in my spare time I am looking after my sick father. As I am typing this he is in the ER getting a blood transfusion.
While you and likely most others will practice common sense, some do not. Sure we can fine and jail them, but we need to catch them, and by "we" I mean the authorities. Since this is not likely to happen, the only alternative is the drastic measure of shutting things down.
Nobody loves fishing more than I do, but I will gladly postpone it, or give it up for this season if it helps get rid of this virus.
Read below ... common sense....if some cant show it fine them and hail them easy...same as everyday non covid life....iam all for getting rid of this but as seen below getting rid of fishing or outside activities is not the answer. Some states ate fully promoting this as an effort to get outside and social distance . I will leave you with a pic..take a look this is real world...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200409-183643_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200409-183643_Facebook.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 149
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks