FOR ANYBODY WHO HAS THE FISHING BUG SARNIA RAMP IS STILL OPEN

By the time they close this ramp it will be too late.
How many more people will be needlessly infected by them keeping this open.

Thanks in part to the COVIDIOTS who don't follow the rules/common sense/protocol during this time, my father, who is very very sick and likely has just weeks to live, will not be able to see my mother (his wife of over 60 years and is locked down in long term care) and say goodbye to her before he passes.

If you have half a brain it seems to be a simple decision......would you rather go fishing, or would you rather risk death, or death to someone close to you! Should be pretty simple.

Please, just STAY THE F%$# HOME!!

Also, much respect to the front line healthcare workers, and the truckers, etc. that are helping people through this. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!
Your kidding right. You think going in your boat is going to infect someone or get you infected. You have probably been to the grocery store in the last 3 days. I'm a covidiot who believes this pandemic is a joke and your more likely of dieing from a lightening strike than covid, facts prove that. So rather insult others mind your own business and continue to follow the government's fear spreading to keep sheep like you in line. Soon you'll be asked to get on a train to be transported to a quarantined safe zone. People need to open their ey

I'm a covidiot who believes this pandemic is a joke and your more likely of dieing from a lightening strike than covid, facts prove that. So rather insult others mind your own business and continue to follow the government's fear spreading to keep sheep like you in line. Soon you'll be asked to get on a train to be transported to a quarantined safe zone. People need to open their ey
(n):poop::devil:

Your kidding right. You think going in your boat is going to infect someone or get you infected. You have probably been to the grocery store in the last 3 days. I'm a covidiot who believes this pandemic is a joke and your more likely of dieing from a lightening strike than covid, facts prove that. So rather insult others mind your own business and continue to follow the government's fear spreading to keep sheep like you in line. Soon you'll be asked to get on a train to be transported to a quarantined safe zone. People need to open their ey
You are an idiot.

Sorry I just had to! LOL

Canada averages over 2 million lightning strikes are each year. And, despite our relatively short lightning season, 9 to 10 people are killed and between 100 and 150 people are injured each year by lightning in Canada. https://www.canada.ca/en/environmen...ning/safety/fatalities-injury-statistics.html

COMPARED TO:
Across Canada Since the end of January
Cases

Total New Today
25,680 1,297
Case Status

Active Recovered Deceased
17,142 7,758 780
Cases Today (April 13)

With us all facing way too much information downloaded on us around this disease I am finding it helpful to restrict my input. I am trying to only pay attention to those speaking facts and disregarding random opinion. Thanks Angler!

Sorry I just had to! LOL

Canada averages over 2 million lightning strikes are each year. And, despite our relatively short lightning season, 9 to 10 people are killed and between 100 and 150 people are injured each year by lightning in Canada. https://www.canada.ca/en/environmen...ning/safety/fatalities-injury-statistics.html

COMPARED TO:
Cases

Total New Today
25,680 1,297
Case Status

17,142 7,758 780
Cases Today (April 13)

Certainly Covid is not a joke but if we are gonna talk facts, you do have a much higher chance of dying from Cancer then Covid. They estimate over 83,000 people will die in Canada in 2020, it accounts for 30% of all deaths in Canada...

You even have a higher chance or being killed in a car accident... although covid might catch up to that stat.
1680 people died in car accidents in 2017.

If you put all the causes of death together, Covid is a pretty small contributor in the grand scheme of things.
Granted left unchecked... it could be devastating but, physical distancing is working.
If people would just follow the physical distancing rules we could have open ramps and we could all be fishing and doing many other things we love to do.

That being said, there were two new cases reported in a near by very small community this week, of course there was a "gathering" there on Saturday night... the local health dept. has issued a warning that PD rules were not being followed.... and they ask that people who attended should self isolate... like that is going to happen...
No charges have been laid... and they will probably not lay any considering where this community is...

So its a good thing the parks are closed eh?
Ignorance
Police the offenders... Free the people!

While I am not fishing with friends at the moment, I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is no restriction of this nature in place under the EMCPA. This is in place currently in Michigan and perhaps also NY state but is not currently in force in Ontario. Laws of other jurisdictions do not apply here. Nor do bylaws put in place by one municipality re physical distancing (ie Toronto) apply to another municipality. I’d suggest fellas that if your interested in giving opinions on the matter to fill your boots, but most of the legislative stuff that’s being posted is completely incorrect. Anyone who is interested in getting information on what you can and can’t do currently would be best served to get it from the Provinces website and not Facebook or the news media.
Agreed, way too much FAKE info floating around. If common sense rules the day, I will only be driving with family members living in my bubble.

Really need to turn these numbers straight south....whatever it takes.
Canada is shaded, this is recent as of today.Annotation 2020-04-15 131736.png

Sorry I just had to! LOL

COMPARED TO:
Cases

Total New Today
25,680 1,297
Case Status

17,142 7,758 780
Cases Today (April 13)
You currently have a 1 in 85000 chance of contracting covid based on global numbers. In the United states you have a 1 in 3,000 chance of being struck by lightening.

Wilkes dam?,he’s good as long as he’s not fishing there.We’re not allowed to fish on any GRCA controlled waterways .
That land on the east side of wilkes is city propperty behind waterworks park and is not closed .. Brant park is closed GRCA . But 23 meters up or down is no fish zone .. other wise in the city limits .. you can fish ... Just got off the phone with the city of brantford city hall ...Hope this clears up and misnomers ..Gone fishin ....

That land on the east side of wilkes is city propperty behind waterworks park and is not closed .. Brant park is closed GRCA . But 23 meters up or down is no fish zone .. other wise in the city limits .. you can fish ... Just got off the phone with the city of brantford city hall ...Hope this clears up and misnomers ..Gone fishin ....
That’s great news

Back