Favourite walleye lures

What works for one person may not work for another... Water time and confidence is what works best...

For me I use ALOT of pink, orange, yellow and firetiger...
My favorite cranks are made by Bay Rat... There paint quality is second to none; hooks are by far the best I've seen for stock... For spoons I like the Dreamweaver SS and WD... I do use some old school NK's as well...

Talk to the fella's at Angling Outfitters... They'll steer ya in the right direction...

What works for one person may not work for another... Water time and confidence is what works best...

My favorite cranks are made by Bay Rat... There paint quality is second to none; hooks are by far the best I've seen for stock... For spoons I like the Dreamweaver SS and WD... I do use some old school NK's as well...

Talk to the fella's at Angling Outfitters... They'll steer ya in the right direction...

You'll read almost everywhere else that Shad Raps are the #1 best walleye lure. For some reason that isn't the case on Erie and I can attest to that. I have a large collection of almost every color and size including the glass and RS versions. They produce on Erie, but it's hard to beat a small copper-backed spoon in the productive colors listed above. On Nipissing it's shad raps all the way. So if you read elsewhere that Shad Raps are best, that's true to some extent, just not around the LP area. They're pretty damn expensive too.

When I joined the forums and started fishing LP I went through dozens of threads just like this to gather intel.

For spoons, colors I see mentioned here most frequently are Greasy Chicken, Monkey Puke, Nascar, Wonderbread, Blueberry Muffin, Pink Panties, Watermeon, Mixed Veggies. In that order. Copper backed seems to be recommended over silver/chrome and smaller is better, especially earlier in the season.

For body baits, AC Shiners, Ripplin' Redfins, Deep Tail Dancers, Husky Jerks, Flicker Shads, and many more.
I think last year and this year you could catch walleye with almost anything if you get lure at rite depth and speed
I use my salmon spoons mag and nk28 and catch as many.....my only small spoons are copper back and only cause hard to find larger
Last year on one of my trips we decided to only use lures that we have never caught fish on before and still got limit plus
My next trip I'm gonna use 5 of diamond & reddevil

Does anyone use wally divers???
20 years ago that's all I used on Ottawa river.....i have 20 + in reg and custom. Colours...but never remember to take or try them on Erie

20 years ago that's all I used on Ottawa river.....i have 20 + in reg and custom. Colours...but never remember to take or try them on Erie

Used to all the time... until they became one of the more expensive lures.

Here's a stupid newbie question. With the silver streak spoons, do you add circular ring to it, or just add it to a swivel?
Thanks
Frank

Absaluatly! The big flashy 1s. From maitland to Turkey point. Big medicine for big fish. i could never get it firing at Burwell tho.

Another question. I'm having a hard time finding silver streak lures... Any place in the Hamilton Burlington area you know that has them?

Thank you guys!

I know it's no where close to you

But J&S tackle in port Elgin
Or lake Huron rod &gun in Underwood have one of the best selections of NK, Moonshine , and Silver Streak lures
J&S WHERE ONLY SHOP TO HAVE SS PINK ALEWIFE....LOOKED FOR 2 YEARS

SO if your every up that way ....stop in one or both tackle shops

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks